Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need your support tues 4/10 at 9:30 for HB391

Please show up to support hb391. The last time this got this far it was dropped bc no
    one showed up at the capitol

20XDC / Promax

2. Member
    Do you want to try and meet somewhere before the committee meeting?

I just read that the CCA will not support HB391 and is siding with the land owners and big oil. We’re about to have to add “used to be” to a Sportsman’s Paradise. Sad sad!

4. Member
    I tried to get CCA involved years ago when the issue first came up and they wouldn't do it then. I was told their priority was management of the resource, not landowner rights. You have to remember, the people who started GCCA in Texas which became CCA are all big money people who either own land or are connected to people or companies that do. They actually benefit from restricted access. The members who suffer from restricted access are not the same people who pull the strings. The people who pull the strings are the people who set policy and make sure the "worker bees" carry it out.

5. Banned
    ...God please let this bill pass!!

It passed, 5-3.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

7. Member
    One step closer.

Oh, and screw CCA.

nice !
    721 ​ProXp

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Congrats, y'all... Hope it's gaining momentum.
    Who controls John Gill?

10. Member
    A 5-3 vote is far from a done deal. It will take thousands of people contacting their representatives to overcome the big money interests but this sure is an encouraging first step. It was good to see so many there in support. I believe the committee's eyes were opened by some of the people talking about being run out of areas at gunpoint. I still think we could get a big boost if all the redfish tours would jump on board and write the governor about discontinuing ALL state activity until the issue is satisfactorily resolved.

11. Member
    Bill scheduled to be debated in the House Tuesday. Need to contact your representatives before then asking for support.

12. Member
    Bill was defeated in the House 58-38. Will be interesting to see how many more canals become off limits.

Sad sad

14. Member
    Anyone have a list of the ones that voted no? We need to vote them out.

15. Member
    Here's the vote http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDo...aspx?d=1087581

A lot of politics went on here. Some voted yea because they knew it wouldn't pass.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

16. Member
    I think it is a big task but we lost.

We are not organized like CCA and landowners.

How we could do it.

1. Work with Bass to find qualified candidates to run strong against present state representatives that are pro water access rights.

2. Take middle class working guys from CCA and churn them to BASS.
    -CCA only focused on big boats and rich boys lets cut money train from working class.
    - show the working class how the new group works to improve fisheries for them.

- use a small percentage to improve public boat landing access, bank fishing access around major metro areas to increase membership, work with kayak groups to help them with access, and improve existing fisheries.

- find out who sponsors CCA and start boycott against their products or services.
    - show them how BASS is not a regional market but a national & world wide market.
    - Put pressure or boycott Johnny Morris companies (basspro, Cabelas, his boat brands) until it hurts his sales enough to step in.

- organize something similar to star tournament in Cenla & North LA at (Toledo Bend, Red River, Eastern Oxbow lakes) and South LA (Pearl River, inside Spillway, Henderson, oxbow rivers). Got to do something to take CCA membership from going to Grand Isle during memorial and Labor Day. Something where people can go locally which give us a higher attendance. Then organize an inshore/ offshore one better than CCA on Grand isle or Venice.

-Goal to take dollars sponsors from CCA while showing new members how new organization does stuff to help them.
    Improving or building new boat landings, help improve fisheries in waterways with high use, etc.
    Then the new voice will have a stronger say with the state representatives than CCA and landowners.

- start a fund for people who have proven cancellation of their CCA membership gets extra raffle tickets for new organizations event.

Thank you for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Here's the vote http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDo...aspx?d=1087581

A lot of politics went on here. Some voted yea because they knew it wouldn't pass.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

18. Member
    Rick Edmonds, is my worthless state rep and was against it. I emailed him telling him he will never get my vote in future elections. He the state rep for SE EBRP. Paula Davis the rep
    from Shenandoah area in EBRP also voted against it. I guess they support landowners over the boat owners in their area.

I also cancelled my Louisiana Sportsman subscription and renewing my bassmaster magazine subscription.
    Last edited by jlsch1; 04-18-2018 at 09:27 AM.

19. Member
    Why cancel Louisiana Sportsman subscription?? I must have missed something.

20. Member
    They allowed stories about guides who were fishing private marsh to have stories written about them, and those same guides patrolled that marsh to run people off. They also promote CCA heavily and years ago were for LNG terminals in SW Louisiana along with CCA. They are not for sportsman and will skate around public access issue like CCA for the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast