Thread: Chatter baits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger6192000 View Post
    Big flat
    these baits really do work great..
    I don't doubt that. Just wanted to know which way those that choose to bend the blade, bend in or out. (not over)...BF

Quote Originally Posted by ranger6192000 View Post
    Can I ask what the figure 8 link is? I’m unfamiliar with that. Thanks
    brian
    I use these in the 9/16 size: http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/plug-parts/310311.aspx
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by BIGFLAT View Post
    ? do you bend it "in" or "out"? Trying to get confidence in this type lure thanks ...BF
    I bend the top of the blade (about the top 1/5th) back toward the hook. I bend the blade by using a small hammer and medium "shaping" strikes by laying the top of the blade on the edge of an old trailer hitch ball that I secure in a table vice. This way, I get a bend that is slightly tapered and rounded, rather than a the type of bend you would get by just putting the tip of the blade in a vice and bending it. Take a look at the blade on a Z-Man chatterbait and you'll see what I mean about a rounded, tapered bend.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I bend the top of the blade (about the top 1/5th) back toward the hook. I bend the blade by using a small hammer and medium "shaping" strikes by laying the top of the blade on the edge of an old trailer hitch ball that I secure in a table vice. This way, I get a bend that is slightly tapered and rounded, rather than a the type of bend you would get by just putting the tip of the blade in a vice and bending it. Take a look at the blade on a Z-Man chatterbait and you'll see what I mean about a rounded, tapered bend.
    Thanks..20# coming up!!!BF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12