Banned

Crest liner PT20 question?

Does anybody have one of these? Really thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these and looking for pro and con about these boats? I have a Ranger 520 now so would like to hear if anybody has made to switch. How does it draft compared to the big glass boats? Thanks guys

2. Not Banned
    I just switched from a 08 20'2 Skeeter ZX225 to a 19'10 G3 with a 150. The PT20 is a little bigger and faster but should draft similar I would think. Going by the mud line on my boat it's deepest part to center of boat is right at 14". Less fuel or less water in the live well... both guys up front... you know the deal it'll be closer to 12" draft +/-. I know I put it in some places today I couldn't get into with my Skeeter before and I did it with ease. After seeing how these bigger aluminum boats fish and draft I won't go back unless my fishing circumstances change to where I don't have shallow water to fish.

As you know you're giving up some ride comfort and some speed but the pros outweigh the cons for me. The control in the wind is no where near as bad as I was expecting. I ran a 17 HPLowe padded hull aluminum several years ago and it was a dog in the wind. Not so with this one. It's not glass but it's way better than the Lowe. With its size I'd imagine the PT20 would be as good. If we had a local dealer I may have been in the PT20. I really liked them. I've had the G3 out I think 6 trips now and I enjoy it more each trip.

3. Member
    I can get much shallower than my Ranger 461 that I owned.

It is not a speed demon, runs mid- 50's but the room is what sold me overall. The lakes that I fish here in Ohio or Kentucky it plays just fine. I also have ran it many times up at Lake Erie and it had no issue in Big Water..
    2019 Crestliner PT 20 - Mercury 200 Pro XS 4s - Columbus, OH

We have one rigged and ready that I played with last weekend. Really fishes shallow and rides good. We have the jack plate too high but we still managed 60.5 on GPS with 2 people, tackle, and 1/2 tank of gas with a Merc 200 Pro XS.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatseller View Post
    We have one rigged and ready that I played with last weekend. Really fishes shallow and rides good. We have the jack plate too high but we still managed 60.5 on GPS with 2 people, tackle, and 1/2 tank of gas with a Merc 200 Pro XS.
    You will be the one that I get it from when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    You will be the one that I get it from when the time comes.
    If you'll promise to stay out of the river, you can come up and try it out for a few hours.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatseller View Post
    If you'll promise to stay out of the river, you can come up and try it out for a few hours.
    As long as you would go with me! I know a few creeks that would be good test grounds also. I promise I won’t scratch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    As long as you would go with me! I know a few creeks that would be good test grounds also. I promise I won’t scratch it.
    Give some notice and I could work that out.

9. Member
    Fit and finish is not very good. You will not be happy coming out of a Ranger. None of the compartments are water tight. With a normal load the boat porpoises really bad. I have had mine about 5 weeks and feel like I was ripped off. The only positive thing I can say about this boat is the front deck is huge. I think i was blinded by it when I was looking at the boat. I honestly think I made a $35K mistake. But hey if your looking for one I'll sell you mine!

10. Member
    GACraig which motor do you have? Which year model is it? I REALLY REALLY want one and I can’t even find one for less than 40k so I really want to know if it’s a bad idea.

11. Member
    my pt20 is cracked in multiple places. waiting on crestliner to give me my money back or so they say. fyi it is a discountinued boat. no longer made. 2020 will be a new boat. the pt20 has multiple problems. too many to get into here. look me up on instagram if you want to see all of my issues. its all there. lot's of people haev told me they have the exact same issues with their pt 20. cracked trasoms and cracked bow/hulls. along with all of the other issues. this boat should never have been sold. biggest mistake crestliner has probably ever made.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonsweb View Post
    I can get much shallower than my Ranger 461 that I owned.

It is not a speed demon, runs mid- 50's but the room is what sold me overall. The lakes that I fish here in Ohio or Kentucky it plays just fine. I also have ran it many times up at Lake Erie and it had no issue in Big Water..
    first wave mine saw it cracked. second wave it split open. multiple people with same problems. maybe you got the one good pt20. therye not going to be making it anymore due to how many problems the model has had.

13. Member
    I read on another forum that they had discontinued the PT20 and were replacing it with another model. No idea whether it's true or not, but might be worth checking before you put your money down.

14. Member
    It's disappointing to hear about all of the problems that many owners have had with Crestliner's PT series. Their deep V multi-species lineup is extremely popular here in the upper midwest and they are thought of as excellent quality boats. Unfortunately, I'm betting their reputation has been tarnished with the bass boat crowd.

15. Member
    Yes discontinued due to too many failures

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    It's disappointing to hear about all of the problems that many owners have had with Crestliner's PT series. Their deep V multi-species lineup is extremely popular here in the upper midwest and they are thought of as excellent quality boats. Unfortunately, I'm betting their reputation has been tarnished with the bass boat crowd.
    Yes. I’ve been I. Their deep v. They last or seem to. The pt series is a joke. Never should have hit the market. Total pieces of junk. Even with my lawyer involved they move slower than molasses on getting things taken care of and are about 2 weeks away from being sued if I don’t get my money back like they keep promising.