Thread: New to me FX 21

New to me FX 21

Well after several years of being a loyal BassCat owner I am buying a near new 2017 FX21. While I love a lot of things about BassCat, there just isn't a 21' class boat in the lineup thats in my price range. My need for speed has drifted away and my biggest priorities in a boat are fishability, front deck size and hole shot. I have spent the last 6-8 months flopping back and forth between Skeeter, BassCat, Phoenix and Ranger. I decided that I wanted the SHO this time around and finding a gently used non Skeeter with a SHO is hard! I contemplated ordering a Phoenix 721 until I actually got in one and wasn't impressed with the room up front. Then I went and crawled around a ZX250 and thought it was a better fishing platform and was very impressed with the boat all around. So at that point in time I thought about ordering a ZX250 until I got pricing with all the changes/add ons I wanted. Thats what brought me to the used FX21 that has everything I would put on it if I ordered new. I still have some cold feet with making this switch as I don't have a lot of seat time in 21' Skeeters but I'm looking forward to it.

Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I have a 2017 FX21 and you’ll enjoy it

All the speed I need and once the t motor is down it performs very well.

Good luck!

You don't need a lot of seat time in the FX... It's a fantastic rig...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

5. Member
    I had the same issue and fortunately, I have a buddy who has a skeeter.
    he had been telling me for a while about the ride, no chine, mid 70's, fishability etc so I found an 09 iclass w/ a gently used 300 hpdi.
    I have been very impressed so far. I hope you enjoy it.

6. Member
    I went out today for the 5th time in my FX21 hope you enjoy it as much as I am mine.

Congrats....you will enjoy the FX a lot.

I have a 2018 FX21 LE and I love it. Had a ZX225 before that and I've got no complaints about it either. Got almost 25 hrs on it now and I'm still loving it. Had a few minor issues with the trailer but its being taken care of. I was thinking of going with a Z521 ranger, my buddy's got one and to me I just liked the ride of the skeeter better. If I had to do it all over again I would. Congrats on the new boat!
    2018 Skeeter FX21 LE Ox Blood

9. Member
    You’ll love it!! I love my 2013 fx21.

10. Banned
    You will not have any trouble fishing out deep in that boat w a 10mph wind ....congrats , you will enjoy

11. Member
    I took delivery of 17' FX-21 with 17 hrs on it and was able to get it wet today. I have to say that I am more impressed than I thought I would be. I've been in so many different brands that I had a preconceived notion of what I thought it was going to be on the water. I had the the boat full of gas and live wells full and got 71 out it on my first run and could not believe how easy it is to drive. I've driven numerous other brands and have never driven a boat that handles so easily. Seriously, there is no moving around! What was even more pleasing was the hole shot. I knew skeeters were good in the hole shot department but I figured with a tournament load, 4 big batteries, full gas and twin poles it would still take a bit to get on pad but I was wrong! Im sure the SHO has a good bit to do with it but I have been in other brands with SHO and its not like this. While I could give a list of pros and cons of the skeeter vs other boats, today I gained a new appreciation for Skeeter. I took about a year or so to figure out what boat I wanted next and there were 4 things that I strived for: I wanted a 21' boat, I wanted the SHO, I wanted a long/wide front deck and most importantly I wanted really good holeshot with a loaded down boat. This boat delivers exactly what I was looking for.
    Last edited by waknbass; 05-05-2018 at 09:50 PM.