HELP NEEDED running transducer and power wires on c boat.

As title said looking for some help. I am installing a carbon 12 with 3D. Trying to run 3D diver from back of boat and pull out old lss2. I cannot find the conduit. Trying what I need to pull off for access. If anyone can help please call 701-205-6371. Working on job now. Does seat and side panel need to come off. Tried pulling out old lss2 from rear and it won't come. I have since cut wire and was going to pull in new ducer through the console and it won't come. Can't get my hand to anything.

Getting ready to take side side panel off but to do that looks like I have to pull the seat. I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Has anyone ran a transducer on a c boat????? I can't find the fish tape when I push it through. Took seat out and have access to the conduit but can't get ahold of anything.

I ran the fish tape up from the back - the conduit is there but it is way up under the side - follow the steering hydro lines. It came out at the access under the dash..

Mine is a 2017 521C
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

4. Member
    I'm gonna be doing the same job soon. Did you get it figured out?
    Last edited by Tone357; 04-07-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    If you go to remove a transducer from the boat and install a new one always attach a cord to the old cable and use that cord to pull the new cable.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

6. Member
    Did all of the above. Fish tape going through no problem. Can't get the plug back through. It's a 3D so has the two plugs taped together. I have the plug to the console now. Just trying to get it through from console past cooler and into front storage now. The conduit is way to small. No room to get arm or hand up to it either. They advertise this as a selling point and it is bull crap. Did same setup on a buddies nitro and the wiring is so much nicer.

7. Member
    If anyone has done this and can help me out please give me a call. 701-205-6371. Working on just the transducer cable since 2:30 this afternoon.

8. Member
    There is no conduit into the day box, try your fish tape from box and go backwards, should be able to find it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snodogg View Post
    There is no conduit into the day box, try your fish tape from box and go backwards, should be able to find it.
    Yes there is. I finally got it through. At least my boat does. I got it in the conduit and there is wires to the fuse box in a smaller conduit. Tore my arm up reaching the access hole. Had to pushe the smaller conduit to the side. All other wires are run and they were easy cause they didn't have that monster plug.

Now i.e. I just have to figure out where to power the 3D box at in the console. Going to put the yellow wake up wire on a accessory switch. Just have to figure out where to hook up the negative wire.

10. Member
    I'll stand corrected, mine only had a conduit going from console to bow. You can connect the yellow wake up wire with one of the graphs, or you can use an acc switch

I guess you could say I cheated... I mounted the 3D box in the back and only ran the Ethernet cable and a single yellow wire to the console.. Glad to hear you go t it thru - I took one look at the connector and said "ain't happening".. :-)

Works great though!
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

12. Member
    I was to a point I was about to drill a hole and mount it in the rear storage box.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    I was to a point I was about to drill a hole and mount it in the rear storage box.
    I mounted mine on the "ledge" right next to the red power cutoff switch.. I went with high strength double sided foam tape to hold it - so far, no issues.. The foam eliminates vibration and I did not have to drill any holes :-)
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

14. Member
    I was in the same boat, heh.

I could NOT get the 3D double connector wires through any conduit, or open space through the inside of the boat.

I actually ended up running my 3D black cable OUTSIDE of the boat to the console. It looks pretty bad. I like smp005's idea of putting the actual 3D box in the back, and just running the Ethernet cable. I'll probably switch to that setup.

Don't use the conduit, you will most likely will be wrapping around the hydraulic steering lines, not good and it gets really hard to pull, stop. You can run the wires below the conduit in the open cavity. Remove the lower vent cover under the drivers console and you can fish the wire as it comes forward. If you don't have push poles or a fish tape you can use some solid core wire, I took some 12/3 i had laying around and stripped one wire out and used it as a fish tape. Another tip, if you have trouble pulling the ducer wire back via the pole or fish wire use some pull string, available at Lowes or HD it makes it easier. I'd also suggest to make life easier leave a pull string in there anyway when you run the new cables, save yourself the headache again next time not having to fish it again.
    2016 Z520, 2018 250 Pro LPXS sn/ 2B590153, Helix 10s on bow and console, 360 bow and 112 Ultrex, 126sv and Livescope.
    Son inherited - 1997 462VS 150 Johnson Faststrike, 800 series birds, side image, 110 Fortrex