Thread: Lake Fork

Lake Fork

thinking about relocating around lake fork any area I should avoid? would love to have my own dock/boathouse. thanks for any advise

2. Banned
    Century 21 has a lot of listings that are not on zillow etc..

There are lots in Quitman with a shared dock launch etc that range from 5000- on up. Id check it out.

4. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    I will say that most of the areas directly connected or within 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the lake are good neighborhoods. But there are the occasional exceptions. These places are scattered and you really cannot judge by photos, or what a realtor will tell you over the phone.
    Photos are taken to strategically exclude background, and realtors are in it to sell stuff. If the price seems to be unbelievable, it probably is. As for most house hunting boots on the ground will do you the best.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

i would also give Lake Cypress Springs a look. East Texas has a lot of Great fishing lakes ( Cypress, Bob Sandlin, Monticello, Welsh, Lake O' The Pines, Athens, Palestine ) besides Fork. And they are all around 1hr from Lake Fork.

Lake Front property is a premium no matter what lake you decide. Fork has nice places too - just wanted to mention the other lake options if you weren't aware.