Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    You going to bite the bullet on the 198 grout?

Honestly, I just don’t know. Part of me would rather buy some property near a lake about 3 hours away and then part of me would just like to have a brand new boat to keep for the next 20-30 years. All of me wants to puke thinking about spending $60k on a piece of fiberglass that only deprecates in value. When we built our current house, it was built to be sold in 2 years with a pretty nice profit and I was going to use part of the money from that to buy a new boat. Now the wife wants to keep it and it eats up the money in property taxes and pymts.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Exactly why I've never bought a new boat. There are some super nice, well maintained, and very little used ones out there, you just have to be patient and look under every stone. When I bought my 07 210, it was late March of 2011. I had sold my 93 201 almost 7 months earlier. The seats all had to be replaced since the previous owner had used Armor All on them. I got a bit of concession off the asking price for that and a LCX-38c HD that had water in it. The big positive was when I went to register the remaining engine warranty, it had just under 10hrs on it. Don't think I'd have any problem getting my money back today. Like you say, it's just another depreciable asset, so the value is only going down. And like you, I can't see giving more than my first home for a hole in the water to throw money into.

3. Member
    Will have a new basscat in October

4. Member
    Exactly why I chose to stay with a used Champ. I looked for a while, which meant I was without a boat for over a year. My wife said buy a new one, but I just couldn't get my head around that option and I did look. I finally found the one I have now, and was willing to drive to get it. I spruced her up a bit to fit me and I'm happy as can be. Plus, it fits in my garage, which is a must for me. I'm very particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Honestly, I just don’t know. Part of me would rather buy some property near a lake about 3 hours away and then part of me would just like to have a brand new boat to keep for the next 20-30 years. All of me wants to puke thinking about spending $60k on a piece of fiberglass that only deprecates in value. When we built our current house, it was built to be sold in 2 years with a pretty nice profit and I was going to use part of the money from that to buy a new boat. Now the wife wants to keep it and it eats up the money in property taxes and pymts.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Groma View Post
    Slow down there a minute . I use to fish from that very same bank before I could afford a boat.
    hahaha, I can barely afford the 168 i got, but I keep sinking money into it lol

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    Will have a new basscat in October
    Which one are you getting?

7. Member
    Basscat or Phoenix. Charger 210 Elite is a sick boat also, I fish out of one on the regular.
    2003 Champion 187 SC
    2003 Yamaha VMAX 150

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    LEGEND
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    Which one are you getting?
    Eyra

10. Member
    Charger.

11. Member
    Ranger, Phoenix or Basscat. Phoenix my 1st choice

Of those that said Charger, how many of you would've said Charger had they not started selling the 210?

13. Member
    Charger (only because of the 210) or Basscat Eyra Or Basscat Jaguar

14. Member
    Basscat or Allison

Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    Of those that said Charger, how many of you would've said Charger had they not started selling the 210?
    They might as well change their name to CHAMPION...they always wanted to be them anyhow! lol
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

16. Member
    grew up fishing in a 203,my first choice was gonna be a new charger 210...but the price with standard options was higher than my decked out phoenix .....love my bird
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TrackerUser

17. Banned

I would have never considered one before, but they aren’t popular in Texas. I have only seen 1 in person here and it was a 17’-18’ model. I was interested in a Phoenix but they seem so skinny by the trolling motor.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I would have never considered one before, but they aren’t popular in Texas. I have only seen 1 in person here and it was a 17’-18’ model. I was interested in a Phoenix but they seem so skinny by the trolling motor.
    maybe a little the back deck is huge
    TrackerUser

19. Banned
    I agree, the back is awesome. If I was a co-angler I’d prefer to fish in the back of a Phoenix.

20. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Charger has been on my radar probably 15 years. The deep V hull design is a lot closer to Champion than Cat or the others. Got a close buddy that has a 596 and there are no flies on that boat. It's about a foot longer than the 210, but the 210 is wider at the front pedestal. If I didn't have a 210, that or the 496 might be my boat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast