Tr, TRX, X1, X2, X3, XS, HP... What’s the difference?

Im in the market for a used 19-19.5 Triton what is the difference between all the models of Triton boats?

I just sold a 2002 Tr 21 bassmaster edition and the only thing that I dislike of the boat was the narrow front deck.

Wich model does have the widest front deck??

2. Member
    If ur lookin for deck width then ur definitely lookin for the TRX and no need lookin into the other models. All the others are great boats but the TRX was well thought out when they put it together. It’s not the fastest Triton, but certainly not slow. IMO, the TRX is one of the best laid out, nicest and driest riding boats Triton has built. I’ve owned the Tr’s, X2’s and now the TRX. Since u say width is what ur lookin for, u can narrow ur search to the TRX.

3. Member
    Look for a 2008 20XHP with a Mercury 250, that is a great rig right there, I think it is the best they ever built.

Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    If ur lookin for deck width then ur definitely lookin for the TRX and no need lookin into the other models. All the others are great boats but the TRX was well thought out when they put it together. It’s not the fastest Triton, but certainly not slow. IMO, the TRX is one of the best laid out, nicest and driest riding boats Triton has built. I’ve owned the Tr’s, X2’s and now the TRX. Since u say width is what ur lookin for, u can narrow ur search to the TRX.
    Yep,yep,yep.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

5. Member
    All models are at least even speed with Rangers. Old Tr's are fast, X series are my all around favorite with speed, storage, and layout, X2 are nice layout but the slowest, I now have a 20XS and it's no HP but with a 250 it's mid 70's and a very nice layout. Never had a TRX but I'm sure they cost much more $$$ than the other older boats.

6. Member
    What sold me on mine was the layout and the deck. If you were going New or recent, 20 has the better compartment layout IMO
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite | Merc 250 ProXS

7. Banned
    The X2 hull is huge up front and drives with one finger. But like someone else said, also the slowest.

8. Member
    i have the x2 hull. its runs at 68 to 72 loaded.

I have a 20X3, large wide front deck, plenty of storage and rides like a dream with a soft dry ride in rough water.

Normal top speed in the Florida summer is 73-74 GPS in cooler weather best I've seen is 76 GPS with an out of the box 26p Tempest+.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"