Thread: Murray

Murray

Have a small club tournament on the 14th. Have to big girls already spawned out?

How did your tx go? Bass been on beds at murray since last week of March. Sorry, just saw your post.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

3. Member
    I think 15 lbs won it. It was mid April. There were fish on the bed but nothing real big. I also fish another tournament the following weekend with similar results. The blowback herring spawn should be kicking in high gear right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by SRYE View Post
    I think 15 lbs won it. It was mid April. There were fish on the bed but nothing real big. I also fish another tournament the following weekend with similar results. The blowback herring spawn should be kicking in high gear right about now.
    Yes, i agree. I had a tough couple days this past weekend. BB's are in the creeks for sure, but fish werent chasing them yet. They were blowing up on threadfins in a few spots. Very sporadic. However, lots of fish were caught in the couple of tx results i saw. I obviously wasnt on them this time! Going back down Sunday tho.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

5. Member
    My father fished the Fishers of Men this past weekend had around 15 pounds. All caught off the bed. I went with him the weekend before and we caught fish off the bed. Fished up the river around Dreher Island and you are probably a week or two off from the topwater bite you are looking for. We tried it a couple of weekends ago but nothing happening there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropshotter View Post
    My father fished the Fishers of Men this past weekend had around 15 pounds. All caught off the bed. I went with him the weekend before and we caught fish off the bed. Fished up the river around Dreher Island and you are probably a week or two off from the topwater bite you are looking for. We tried it a couple of weekends ago but nothing happening there.
    Thanks! Thats good to know. Will hit 90 from today thru Sunday at Murray. I expect a lot will change for the better now. That water will warm up quick! I didnt even look for bedding fish last weekend. I guess i wasnt home mentally either day. LOL. I just couldnt put it together. Looking forward to this weekend tho. Putting in at Dreher actually.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Another tough day at Murray yesterday. Had trouble finding fish, although we found plenty of herring. Seemed nothing wanted to cooperate. Toughest two weekends at murray ive had in a long time. Not giving up tho. I love that lake, just gotta figure out whats going on. Anyone else go this weekend?
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

8. Member
    I also was on Murray Sunday. Pretty much what you saw. Found bait everywhere I was but nothing chasing. I had about three follow baits to boat. A few blow ups on top but not dependable. Fished shallow when wind picked up and caught some small ones.

Good deal. Gonna try it again this wednesday. Went to the Hill saturday, pretty much same result. Im in a bit of a slump at the moment. :)
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752