Error message while trying to use Quickdraw

First time out with my 7610xsv with most updated firmware. I tried to use the Quickdraw feature to plot some of the lake I was on. All my transducers including panoptix were working fine. When I started to record, I got this message “depth source unknown” and Quickdraw would not record the lake contours. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
    Last edited by cpmitchell1; 04-06-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Add photo
    Chad Mitchell

2. Member
    Was your GPS locked on. It won't work w/o a good GPS signal. Just a thought. Also, which xducer was selected since you were checking everything out? Someone more experienced than I will have to come along.

3. Member
    Yes good gps and it was working off my gt52 transducer. Thanks for your help.
    Chad Mitchell

Relative to your overall Garmin system, how many units are you running, model of each, and what specific transducers?
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Relative to your overall Garmin system, how many units are you running, model of each, and what specific transducers?
    I am running two 7610xsv (console/bow), 1 GT52HW at the rear, 1 on my trolling motor, 1 GT 15M through the hull, and PS31 Panoptix on the trolling motor.
    Thanks
    Chad
    Chad Mitchell

When seeing this issue, are you using the Sleep Mode feature? Was the trolling motor out of the water? Are you turning off any transducer's transmit? Also, please take a screenshot of your actual QuickDraw contours page when seeing this error.
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    When seeing this issue, are you using the Sleep Mode feature? Was the trolling motor out of the water? Are you turning off any transducer's transmit? Also, please take a screenshot of your actual QuickDraw contours page when seeing this error.
    Ok I had some time on the water today. The quick draw will only work when my trolling motor transducer is in the water. How do I get quick draw to plot with my other transducer?

Last edited by cpmitchell1; 04-23-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Add photo
    Chad Mitchell

8. Member
    So I was told by Garmin that QuickDraw is using my panoptix PS31 located on my trolling motor to plot contours. As long as this transducer is connected, QuickDraw will continue to use it whether it is in the water or not. Any ideas on how to turn off the PS 31 outside of disconnecting it from my unit so I can use my other transducer while running the big motor to plot lake contours? According to Garmin QuickDraw will still recognize the transducer even if I turn it off in the settings. No one else has had this issue?
    Chad Mitchell

9. Member
    Touch the screen on the Panoptix panel, hit menu - Transmit OFF
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

10. Member
    Thanks. I will give it a try.
    Chad Mitchell

11. Member
    I was on the water today and turned off the panoptix transducer from the unit to no avail. I still received the above error message ����. The only way I could get the transom transducer to plot Quickdraw was to physically disconnect both trolling motor transducers from the bow unit. Once I did this I could plot contours running the big motor. This can’t be the only way this works? Does anyone else have a similar set up? How do you get the transom transducers to work without unplugging the trolling motor transducers from the bow unit?
    Thank you
    Chad
    Chad Mitchell

Garmin engineers have reproduced this issue and determined that only a subset of customers running 10.0 - 11.0 software are affected. They are now working on a solution.
    Garmin Pro Team

13. Member
    I had this same issue this weekend while trying to chart....I was told by Garmin that as long as the panoptics transducer is connected to the network, it will always try to chart from the panoptics TD. They told me the only way to stop it, and chart without the trolling motor in water, is to disconnect the panoptics td from the unit, which will take it off of the network (because if the units are networked, even in sleep mode, it recognizes the best transducer is the panoptics).

I found this strange and i hope they find a solution!