2018 Legend alpha 199

Well I purchased a brand new, never been in the water Alpha 199. The boat was a prize boat that was won at a tournament. Got a very good deal on the boat. The boat is very moderately equipped and after spending a week rigging it with all the bells and whistles. I finally put it on the water for the engine break-in. Backed her in and noticed the bulge pump came on pretty quick. I new I had screwed in the drain plug so thought there was risidual water in the hull. Jumped up on plane and the pump turned off quick. Came off plane again and bilge came on again. Put her on trailer and noticed lots of water draining from the upper port side livewell fitting in the transom. Checked livewell and noticed it was half full. Adjusted livewell switch to drain it and nothing?? Livewell will not drain by gravity. Only th pumpout works. It appears that the legend factory forgot to connect the hose in th transom as water flows freely through the transom fitting into the bilge. Also the livewell selector does nothing?? Any ideas?? I have to remove fuel tank to access the hoses and selector switch. There is no legend dealers anywhere near. I did make a makeshift plug at the lake and was able to do the break-in without any water intrusion.

2. Banned
    Beware the prize boat, I think that blue and white boat has changed hands a few times already

you can reach the pump between the tank and livewell cover in the very bottom of the bilge without pulling the tank. It's got a a flo-rite valve on the bottom of it. All of the lines should be "quick" disconnects. Its a pain, but it can removed without pulling the tank.

Your drain issue is probably because the cable is locked down too tight or too loose on the flo-rite valve. They also can get gummed up or just break. They are kinda junk, but literally every boat has them. If you're livewell fills, but doesn't drain, its probably stuck. If it fills, then that hose is ok (from the drain to the pump) because it drains and pulls from the same hose. There's an additional fill pump, maybe that became disconnected between the pump and hull - same connectors. you will have to pull the tank to get at those fittings at the base of the hull.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info, I removed the live well cover and didn’t see anything that looked disconnected, I think the problem
    is closer to the transom. Looks like the tank is coming out, should be fun.

thanks again for the info I appreciate it

Did you check to see where water was coming in while on the water? I owned a legend 199 for 5 years and can't imagine they changed the design to have to remove the tank now. My pumps and connections were all pretty easy to get to.

you could also run garden hose into your bilge area for a minute and see where it drains out (plug in). Just dont flood it past the pumps

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies,

i did narrow it down to the upper port side livewell fitting. Once plugged the boat does not take on any water. At home I ran water up that fitting with a water hose and water starts pouring out of the hull drain plug. When I remove the livewell pump cover I only have about 3” of space between the fuel tank and the livewell, and can’t see the leak in that area. It appears that the leak is occurring closer to the transom and under the fuel tank. Gonna bite the bullet and remove the fuel tank on Friday. Has anyone ever done that? Seems like there really isn’t much space to tilt the tank and pull it out. I will be a pro at it by this weekend, let you know how it goes. Other than that I love that boat. Fished a local tournament this weekend, handles great and is fast!!! Fastest hole shot I’ve ever seen, like 2 seconds. Still breaking it in so didn’t reach the top.

Thanks again!!
    Last edited by Anram40; 04-09-2018 at 07:40 PM.

8. Member
    It's a 2018.. Why not just bring it to the dealer and have it cared for?

9. Member
    It's easy to remove the fuel tank on a 199. Disconnect the shocks holding the deck lid and fold it back, remove the cover over the livewell pumps, remove the screws from the brackets holding the tank in place. Make sure your tank is empty, if not pump/siphon it out. Remove the hoses and pull it up thru the hole. I took mine out two weeks ago, it took about 10 minutes after I siphoned the gas out.