Thread: X21 prop pad

X21 prop pad

Hey guys, I got started with this boat ('08 X21 w/250Yamaha Zmax) last year but work has been killing me. Been teaching my boss a new word, n-o or if hes not around bleep no, and I am back on the road and water w/boat and my fish crazy boys. First hopefully simple thing is to set up prop pad. I believe I have a 10" manual jackplate and the prop is a 27pitch 4 blade Powertech prop. Boat rocks out of the hole, planes in a blink but on those rare occasions I would like to run like the wind it gets a bit swappy @ 66+. Now rarely do I go even 60 w/boys in the boat, but on my checklist of things I'd like a good recommendation for prop to pad. Please kind sirs.

2. Member
    I run mine around 3.5 inches
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

3. Member
    I run mine at 3.75"

PowerTech props just would not work on my boat. I went to the Yamaha T1 27 for light loads and a custom Yamaha T1 26 by Mark most of time.We have 3 props all Yamaha T1s 25,26,27 all worked by Mark and B/B. Hold shot, mid range and top end all great. It depends on loads and how the boat is loaded, just balance the load.

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

5. Member
    Which Springfield are you in? I have the prop you need setting on the shelf.
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

6. Member
    I am in Springfield, Ohio., sadly. I am from Cali, and spent my30+ years the primarily fishing the ocean. The boat runs just fine right now, but then I've had limited use of it thus far, and my previous boats were a 16' tracker and a javlin 389. Its more a what if down the road in terms of performance. With existing prop it puts my son and I on plane in a blink hauling a full load of gas, food, tackle, etc and since we often fish smaller lakes I rarely get to run anywhere near WOT for more than a few moments. But performance is an important what if as my middle son wants to do more tournament fishing, big waters, long distance adventures way north or way south. I'd first like to make sure that if and when I run over 66 that I will be as stable and smooth as possible.

7. Member

X21 PROP PAD UPDATE, RELATED TO WATER PRESSURE/HEAT ISSUE?

I finally measured prop/pad on my '08 X21 and it appears to be 5" and I have 1.25 to 1.5 left to raise motor. Jack plate is a Pro Hijacker HP 10" offset from transom. Motor is a Yamaha 250 Vmax HPDI gen 2. Originally I was curious about prop/pad when boat was walking over 65 mph, now wondering if related to temp issue. I had a heat alarm go off 2 weeks ago at about 62 mph, and it went off when I backed off below 60 (<4200 RPM). Mechanic told me yes I had a heat code per computer and thought it was water pump. Replaced it and got same issue Friday running at 62ish.

No idea if any of this is related. Like most people I just want to fish and enjoy myself.

8. Member
    3.75" here also

9. Member
    I am in leadhill ark what prop and how much 250sho 501319 5050 would like to talk

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjkl1 View Post
    I am in Springfield, Ohio., sadly. I am from Cali, and spent my30+ years the primarily fishing the ocean. The boat runs just fine right now, but then I've had limited use of it thus far, and my previous boats were a 16' tracker and a javlin 389. Its more a what if down the road in terms of performance. With existing prop it puts my son and I on plane in a blink hauling a full load of gas, food, tackle, etc and since we often fish smaller lakes I rarely get to run anywhere near WOT for more than a few moments. But performance is an important what if as my middle son wants to do more tournament fishing, big waters, long distance adventures way north or way south. I'd first like to make sure that if and when I run over 66 that I will be as stable and smooth as possible.
    Check your inlet screens, be sure they are in correctly and smooth to the housing. If not they will cause cavitation at high speed. Another thing to do is check poppet valve, be sure nothing is stuck in it. What is your water pressure? I know a HPDI lower will be fine at 2" below pad as that is where I run mine with no cooling issues. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.