Thread: Shoes

Shoes

What shoes does everyone have? I want to start walking a little more this year and I’m looking for some ideas.

Thanks

2. T Dub
    I can't afford really nice shoes, but I'm loving the spikeless rather than spiked.

I have a pair of FJ ultralites which are great for walking and just recently got a pair of FJ Versaluxe which are very comfortable.
    Look on Budgetgolf.com. I bought a few pairs off of that site and the shoes were closeouts. Good shoes for cheap prices.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Man, I have always loved the Adidas 360 shoes, but must last two pairs have ate up my heels. I have been sitting here for the last two days pondering on whether to call my rep and order a pair of the new versions or not.....

Bring back metal spikes!!!

I have a golf shoe, uh, obsession to say the least. I have seven pairs. Nothing, at least for me, beats the FJ dryjoys tour. They are comfortable and ready to go right out of the box.
    I do have two pair of Oakley Carbon Pro's I received as gifts. They look cool and have outstanding traction, but I will not walk in them, OK for cart golf.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

6. Member
    I always walk when I play golf and I never found a pair of golf shoes that were right for me. Always too pointy in the toe area, even the wide and extra wide versions. I went looking for a solution and came up with these: https://www.altrarunning.com/men/lon...3-neoshell-low
    I will never switch back to "golf" shoes. These are marketed as trail running shoes, but they are perfect for golf. There is no lift in the heel like most running shoes - they call it zero-drop. The toe box is shaped like your foot - imagine that. The neo-shell material keeps your feet dry. I wish everybody who plays golf would buy a pair so that they never discontinue them so that I can always get them.
    ZEROCOOL
    '07 Tracker Avalanche
    Mercury Optimax 115

7. Member
    Sketchers for me,spikeless, superlite, I forget I have them on while driving home sometimes.

8. Member
    I'm in the FJ Hyperflex II this year. I got a great deal on them from Golf Galaxy. I may get a pair of FJ Dry Joys this year as I like the classic look. I tried on the FJ Pro/SL and out of the box they felt better than my running shoes. Try on a few pairs to see what fits your foot the best.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

9. Member
    Ecco biom. Most comfortable shoe I have tried

Mine are footjoys, but can't remember what ones. Very comfortable shoes, I'd wear them every day if I could get away with it.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

11. Member
    The best golfer I play with wears regular new balance shoes. He has a slow very under control swing. I hit on the range with my regular tennis shoes. I might try to play a few rounds this year without my golf shoes.

12. Member
    I also play with New Balance cross trainers or trail shoes, with my knees I don't need the kind of torque that comes with wearing golf shoes

My dad went the trail shoe route. He loves it. He will never own another pair of "golf" shoes. I can't say I disagree with him since soft spikes are no different than an aggressive trail shoe.

Lu Bedevia
    1997 Ranger R82 Sport
    1997 Mercury 150 XR6

14. Member
    I've got a couple pair of Foot Joy Super Lites. Most comfortable golf shoe I've ever had. Very light, but enough structure for support and good looking.

I’ve had 4 pairs of FJ from 85.00 to 200.00 and decided to buy some Skechers that were around 80.00 and they are by far and away more comfortable than the FJ’s
    GO DAWGS

16. Member
    Foot Joy Dry Joys Tour Have 3 pair

Allen Edmonds golf shoe!
    Www.thkustoms.com

"Speak softly and carry a Big Stick!"-Theodore Roosevelt
    USN 2002-2008
    NAS Whidbey Island
    USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by secdawgs View Post
    I’ve had 4 pairs of FJ from 85.00 to 200.00 and decided to buy some Skechers that were around 80.00 and they are by far and away more comfortable than the FJ’s
    X2- I received a pair of sketchers for Christmas, they are by far more comfortable than any of my FJ's.