Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

garmin echomap vs stryker plus sv

what is the difference between these two units. all I want is a unit to mark me some waypoints then take me back to them .I pretty much fish the same lakes and a few new ones thanks for any info .

2. Member
    Echomap plus is touch screen, preloaded with maps, microsd card slot, quick draw capable.
    Echomap (both chirp and non chirp) are non touch, I think the chirp models are quick draw capable.
    Striker plus has quickdraw capabilities (2 million acres), non touch, no microsd card slot, basemap with GPS.

I don't know if the striker's can communicate with each other, if your thinking about it, now or in the future.

3. Member

4. Member
    I have a striker 73sv I’m looking for a unit with maps . Can you get just mapping without hooking up transducer?

5. Member
    Yes. Get the MFD, power cord, and mount. You can buy an echomap without transducer, not sure about a striker.
    71oldbassbassman - do you have a striker 7sv, or an echomap 73sv?

6. Member
    Striker sv

7. Member
    If all you want is mapping, look for a first generation echomap (non chirp).
    I don't think any of the echomap series will talk with the striker series, as far as waypoint sharing. One thing to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    I don't think any of the echomap series will talk with the striker series, as far as waypoint sharing. One thing to keep in mind.
    Note that for any of the echoMAPs that wpt share via High Speed Protocol (blue/brown wires on PWR cable), the Strikers will wpt share with them.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Thanks for your help . With side view down view and traditional I can’t see spending the extra money just for mapping and adding another transducer

10. Member
    My rt190p has ther striker chirp mounted in the dash not much room on the sides to mount a 9 “ so I will probably go with another 7 “ unit
    Last edited by 71oldbassbassman; 04-06-2018 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Wrong listing of model of boat

11. Member
    My rt198p has the striker 7sv. Flush mounted .i want to mount the echo map beside the console any suggestions

12. Member
    I'm not familiar with that boat / console, will you be mounting on a flat surface? Angled?
    RAM, balzout, one of those? Something like a precision sonar mount?

13. Member
    I used a Johnny Ray swivel mount to fit a 93sv in a tight spot on my Tracker.

http://www.johnnyraysports.com/swivel%20mounts.htm
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Note that for any of the echoMAPs that wpt share via High Speed Protocol (blue/brown wires on PWR cable), the Strikers will wpt share with them.
    Wait....the Striker units will share waypoints with Echomap units?

15. Member
    I’m still undecided how I want to mount it. Thinking on console side by side with my striker 7sv. Whatever works best Balzout is very expensive but I do like the strength of it.

16. Member
    I just bought the 93sv echomap at bass pro for 599 showing 400 dollars off couldn't turn the deal down.i had a helix7 with everything and to be honest I wasn't impressed with it. way to many buttons to try to adjust stuff this is my first garmin hopefully its more user friendly.

17. Member
    IMG_20180130_105427752-700x700.jpg

I made this, to elevate them. Is something like that an option? What if you removed your existing graph, and mounted them both higher?
    Sorry for the bad picture, had to resize it to put on this site.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southpoint View Post
    I just bought the 93sv echomap at bass pro for 599 showing 400 dollars off couldn't turn the deal down.i had a helix7 with everything and to be honest I wasn't impressed with it. way to many buttons to try to adjust stuff this is my first garmin hopefully its more user friendly.
    Yup, they got me too, got 2 on the way, going for one on the console, one on the bow...........The ones I had a play with in store were very intuitive.......so fingers crossed
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

19. Member
    That’s an option I’ve considered for sure . Thanks for the suggestion

20. Member
    Does anyone besides me have trouble with their Garmin units staying plugged in. Crossing ruff eater.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast