Question about Turkey hunting?

Headed out tomorrow morning. Weatherman says rain and cold. Do the birds com off the roost about the same time as if it were a sunny morning? Should I sit on the edges of the fields or go down into the woods before first light?
    thanks!

Turkeys hate rain. They’ll sit out in the fields and not move.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Turkeys hate rain. They’ll sit out in the fields and not move.
    Turkeys in western Kentucky don't hate rain unless it is a downpour. As soon as the heavy rain stops or slacks up head to a field.

Fields or clearings If you have a blind, set it up out in the middle...turkeys could care less. If you have decoys, use them.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    Headed out tomorrow morning. Weatherman says rain and cold. Do the birds com off the roost about the same time as if it were a sunny morning? Should I sit on the edges of the fields or go down into the woods before first light?
    thanks!
    So, how did your hunt in the rain go?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    So, how did your hunt in the rain go?
    The rain stayed away. We parked our trucks and got ready to head to the back fields. As I was locking my truck my buddy told me to look to the East. There was a Tom roosting about 40 yards from where we stood. Decided to head out and leave that Tom for later. Hunted for 3 hours with no results except watching a beautiful sunrise.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

I've killed a lot of Turkey's in the rain. Turkey's love to walk fields for worms and other insects in the fields. It seems to me they come off roost a little earlier in the rain than they do in the sunshine.