Thread: TM Batts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    three size 27 everstarts and fish heavy current rivers where you are on the trolling motor 100% of the time and still have juice left after a 12 hour day.
    Interesting.

12 hours of 100% trolling motor use of 3 series connected Size 27 65 RC minute capable batteries means the current being drawn averages no more than ~2.1 amps and that amount requires that the batteries batteries are new and being allowed to become significantly over-discharged.

A bass boat 36V Trolling motor ran at full speed draws 46 or more amps.*

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/suppor...on-and-rigging
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 04-07-2018 at 11:22 AM.

2. Member
    I’m losing my f’n mind researching batteries trying to save some coin... I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and just do 3 more North Stars now wether I do the 24s or 27s. Unless someone has a better idea... majority of the brands people reference no one local sells.

My options for AGM are: North Star, Power Tec, West Marine, Cabelas, Interstate (31 only), Optima.

Fml
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite | Merc 250 ProXS

3. Member
    I don't want you to lose your mind, so I will offer up a suggestion

You may not be aware, but Deka/East Penn relabels their batteries for many retailers, including Sam's Club, O'Reilly's, Batteries Plus, BPS, and several others. You are 15 minutes from a Batteries Plus in Orange CT. They carry a 27 series Deka AGM for 219 dollars. Order on line, pick up in store, and save 10%, and there is also a 10 dollar mail in rebate, so cost is 190. Good deal for that AGM. Same battery as Sam's Duracell, but you are paying a little more at Batteries Plus. They also carry the group 31 if you want it.

Of the batteries that you mention in the post above, the Northstar AGM is the highest quality IMO. Fantastic for cranking, but overkill for the troller due to the expense. If you want though, Batteries Plus carries Northstar also (re-badged as X2).

You also have an O'Reilly's just a little further away.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter...7m/sli27magmdc
    Last edited by catdude28; 04-07-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    I don't want you to lose your mind, so I will offer up a suggestion

You may not be aware, but Deka/East Penn relabels their batteries for many retailers, including Sam's Club, O'Reilly's, Batteries Plus, BPS, and several others. You are 15 minutes from a Batteries Plus in Orange CT. They carry a 27 series Deka AGM for 219 dollars. Order on line, pick up in store, and save 10%, and there is also a 10 dollar mail in rebate, so cost is 190. Good deal for that AGM. Same battery as Sam's Duracell, but you are paying a little more at Batteries Plus. They also carry the group 31 if you want it.

Of the batteries that you mention in the post above, the Northstar AGM is the highest quality IMO. Fantastic for cranking, but overkill for the troller due to the expense. If you want though, Batteries Plus carries Northstar also (re-badged as X2).

You also have an O'Reilly's just a little further away.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter...7m/sli27magmdc
    thanks for your effort in help! That batt is 580 CCA shouldn’t I be looking at 600 or higher to match the oem? Legit question not being a smart ass lol

The company I work for has a Interstate account hence the discount on optima... Our mechanic said he could prob just get the 3 I have swapped under warranty they weren’t intentionally dropped misused or neglected. So for them to be at 20% life in under a year he thinks they’ll swap em out. This will buy me time on splurging on the agms. The replacement Cranking battery came in today and new charger will be here wed/thurs... at the same time If they do take em back see if I can pay the difference for an upgrade to something the offer...

5. Member
    Deka group 27 AGM's are the only tm batteries I will use. I don't know all the technical terms and numbers, but my last three lasted seven years and never let me down.

6. Member
    I just got 2 duracell 31's from the orange ct store. ordered online and they only had 1. waited 2 weeks and just picked them up yesterday. they have 2/18 date stickers on them. i dont know how many they got in this shipment though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam0007 View Post
    I’m losing my f’n mind researching batteries trying to save some coin... I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and just do 3 more North Stars now wether I do the 24s or 27s.........................l
    Well, I learned something today, if you want to save money buy North Star batteries. Anyhow, later posts seem to indicate this guy has an "in" with an Interstate dealer and can get his batteries exchanged with a *wink-wink*nudge-nudge* exchange by a friend and that sounds like the absolute cheapest way for him to troll all day cheap.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Well, I learned something today, if you want to save money buy North Star batteries. Anyhow, later posts seem to indicate this guy has an "in" with an Interstate dealer and can get his batteries exchanged with a *wink-wink*nudge-nudge* exchange by a friend and that sounds like the absolute cheapest way for him to troll all day cheap.
    That’s not what I said and it’s not even what you quoted lol smh

- trying to to save money by researching other brands.
    - Biting the bullet and splurging on North stars might’ve been my only option.
    - Replacing existing batteries under warranty till I can comfortably cough up a grand for the agms isn’t a “in” with a dealer you have a account with.

Several people above pointed out other options for me to consider and actually helped me a lot.
    you’re trolling the thread for what???
    Last edited by Dam0007; 04-08-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12