Easy Steps on Swing Away Tongue

Anyone have this version of the Easy Step? Pics on their website are not very good. They don't look as sturdy as the ones that bolt to non swing away tongues. Thanks for any advice...getting a new knee and I really need a product like this.
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

2. Member
    If you're talking about the "EZ Troll Step", I've had one on mine since 2013. It is on a swing tongue trailer, but is bolted to the trailer frame about even with the winch. Works fine.

3. Member
    Rich I’m currently at a svelt 260 pounds right now LOL, down from 288 and my Trick Steps have been one of the best additions to the boat I’ve made in a long time. The only movement I get is from my little truck when I’m walking up or down. That has nothing to do with the tounge. Your boat may or may not need an extended receiver? I didn’t with my RT188. I did have to reverse my swing tounge. That was painless with one big bolt. Mark is VERY responsive with any questions you may have. I called a few times through the process. There are several of these step systems out there. I’d buy another of these in a second!

https://www.trickstep.com/about-us

If you want pics PM me your cell number. I’ll be glad to show you what they look like on a RT. Yours may vary depending on where your winch stand is vs the coupler? Mark may have pics of your boat model?

Having dealt with both "Easy Step" and "EZEE Step" I'd highly recommend the latter. Here' is a link to a post I put up a short time back. See the first post and the last page (Post #32) to help you come to a decision. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ight=EZEE+Step
    Last edited by OBT; 04-08-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bass Tard View Post
    Having dealt with both "Easy Step" and "EZEE Step" I'd highly recommend the latter. Here' is a link to a post I put up a short time back. See the first post and the last page (Post #32) to help you come to a decision. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ight=EZEE+Step
    thanks for the post...that's what BBC is all about!

USAF Ret

6. Member
    Bought the Easy Step for swing away. Used them today. Worked fine, very satisfied

USAF Ret

7. mikesxpress
    For the guys that have the assist pole mounted.
    Does it shake like crazy while trailering down the road?

8. Member
    I've had three trailers with the poles. Two on two different Cats and one on my current Ranger with the after market Trick Step. I've had several tow vehicles over those three boats spanning over a decade. The only time I've had an issue with a bunch of pole vibration was with that blasted 2014 Silverado or Shakearado as I used to call it. Four dealers and an independent tire shop couldn't make it stop. I traded it for a Tundra and the problem was solved. If you have a BUNCH of pole shaking something is out of balance somewhere or you are traveling awful roads.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    For the guys that have the assist pole mounted.
    Does it shake like crazy while trailering down the road?
    My assist pole started doing the same thing. Found the set screws that hold it on had backed out....my bad....forgot to use the suggested thread locker. OK now

USAF Ret