valve to run 2 poles off one pump?

a couple of years ago someone showed me a valve that could do this. where do i find that valve?

with the new pumps and lines(less breaking and leaking) im considering switching from talons to poles IF i can run two 10' pole off one pump. anyone with the knowledge to make this happen?
    There is NO substitute for time on the water!

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    no, no, no, never run 2 poles off a single pump... btw there is no line breaking or leaking with the new 2.0 models due to the real hydraulic hoses with factory crimped fittings, and were only occasional cases of it in the 1.0 models.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 04-05-2018 at 04:43 PM.

3. Banned
    That doesn't make much sense to an old hydraulic mechanic...
    Using one pump can be done, any hydraulic shop could make up the necessary hoses. The issue would be if the pump is a variable volume unit so it could supply both pistons quick enough for your needs.
    I am interested in seeing the technical details as to why you need seperate hydraulic pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by D-wayne View Post
    That doesn't make much sense to an old hydraulic mechanic...
    Using one pump can be done, any hydraulic shop could make up the necessary hoses. The issue would be if the pump is a variable volume unit so it could supply both pistons quick enough for your needs.
    I am interested in seeing the technical details as to why you need seperate hydraulic pumps.
    this is what ive been saying for years! it can be engineered, they just havent done it. and why i went with Talons

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Can Two poles be made to operate off one pump most likely, but not effectively or for any period of time. A single pump will not support the volume and pressure requirements of two Power Poles. hence why they each come with there own dedicated pump. Furthermore the reservoir capacity would not be enough to support 2 poles Could you go up and down, most likely . Are you going to burn up a pump and void your warranty, For sure. Im sure Power Pole Tech will be along shortly to explain in detail why this is never a good idea...
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 04-08-2018 at 02:54 PM.

there is a way to run 2 poles off one pump, may have to be a bigger pump with more fluid capacity but it can be done and as i told them(power pole) until they figure it out im going with Talons.

7. Member
    Seems to me that it might be a good idea for PP to come up with a dual pole single pump (larger than current) system for people that install dual poles. Not sure of the financial aspect of it as far as being profitable but I think it would be a big hit considering most people don't want two pumps in their boat. It is an interesting idea at the least.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

8. BBC SPONSOR
    FishingwithRusty -

We hear you and we are always working on new ideas and tinkering with ways to improve an already great product. The short answer is YES it can be done, but the only real advantage would be to save space, 99% of boats have space for our already compact hydraulic pump units. Also, the cost involved in making such a pump, or valve system, would not be any less than having two pumps built to cover the duty and operation of a single anchor system.

The valving and controls to operate two individual anchors from one pump is very complex, and even more complex than that is making sure the built in Drive-off protections remains functional in the event the anchors remain deployed while getting on plane. Every Power-Pole is built to be controlled individually and the pump speeds are adjustable so the angler can fine tune them to their fishing style. All of these things come into play when trying to build a single pump with individual controls. Also while deployed, each anchor sees different forces or deployment depths depending on bottom/water conditions, depth, and boat movement.

We have made major improvements to the fittings and hydraulic hoses that connect each anchor to their pump unit to address the concerns other have had similar to your about leaking and breaking. The new system has been completely trouble free as we have eliminated the margin of error left to the installer to get the fitting connections correctly installed on the previous versions.

We respect the decision you've made with your shallow water anchor choice and we hope some day to gain you as customer. We appreciate the feedback you've provided and I'll be sure to table it in our next engineering meeting.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    Seems to me that it might be a good idea for PP to come up with a dual pole single pump (larger than current) system for people that install dual poles. Not sure of the financial aspect of it as far as being profitable but I think it would be a big hit considering most people don't want two pumps in their boat. It is an interesting idea at the least.
    Id rather have 2 small pumps then one large pump but I guess thats just me, if something did happen to one pump, bad board, something electrical at least I would have the use of 1 pole as 1 is better then none.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPoleTech View Post
    FishingwithRusty -

We hear you and we are always working on new ideas and tinkering with ways to improve an already great product. The short answer is YES it can be done, but the only real advantage would be to save space, 99% of boats have space for our already compact hydraulic pump units. Also, the cost involved in making such a pump, or valve system, would not be any less than having two pumps built to cover the duty and operation of a single anchor system.

The valving and controls to operate two individual anchors from one pump is very complex, and even more complex than that is making sure the built in Drive-off protections remains functional in the event the anchors remain deployed while getting on plane. Every Power-Pole is built to be controlled individually and the pump speeds are adjustable so the angler can fine tune them to their fishing style. All of these things come into play when trying to build a single pump with individual controls. Also while deployed, each anchor sees different forces or deployment depths depending on bottom/water conditions, depth, and boat movement.

We have made major improvements to the fittings and hydraulic hoses that connect each anchor to their pump unit to address the concerns other have had similar to your about leaking and breaking. The new system has been completely trouble free as we have eliminated the margin of error left to the installer to get the fitting connections correctly installed on the previous versions.

We respect the decision you've made with your shallow water anchor choice and we hope some day to gain you as customer. We appreciate the feedback you've provided and I'll be sure to table it in our next engineering meeting.
    thanks for the reply, if you ever figure it out i will switch.

11. Member
    Heres an idea Power Pole why dont you design a pump to mount to the side under a big bulge (both on the same side) so your poles can look just as hidious as talons. This way you can end the whining. Oh and im sure even if you did they would still come in weighing less then Talons. Wonder if the OP has his talons both operating off 1 electric motor. This way he can save some weight and have only 1 hidious bulge On his rain gutters..

no, my talons each have their own motor.

and poles do weigh less than talons which is the whole reason i was considering them.