Green River Lake Ramp Access?

I assume Lone Valley is the best ramp to use when the water is up but does anyone know how high the lake can be and still be able to put in there? Summer pool is 675 and looks like currently it is up 10 foot at 685.6. Or maybe that isn't the best ramp to use when the lake is up? Planning on fishing this weekend, weather permitting, so any info is much appreciated.

Thanks

I've used that ramp when the water was up over the turn around area and we put in off the road leading down to the turn around.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

3. Member
    Emerald Isle

Emerald Isle

Lone Valley

Butler Creek...just beware of the sign and small tree underwater that's close to the telephone pole. The Butler Creek/Mt. Carmel area is located on a dead end road and does not get a lot of traffic. I have never had any issues with vandals or thieves but I would never use it at night because of the lack of traffic in a remote area. I have used it many times in the day time with zero issues. Actually several times already this year. Parking is also limited but it is a good place to unload in high water.
    Last edited by JR19; 04-05-2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: grammer nazi

5. Member
    Great, looks like there are a few options and I'll probably start with Lone Valley. Thank you all for your input.

If the water is up over the turn around at Lone Valley it needs to be a lot over. The road leading down flattens out when it gets to the turn around before you head down the actual ramp to the left as you look down the hill. If it’s just over the turn around you won’t be able to unload because the trailer won’t get deeper as you back further in. If that happens, you need to angle the boat towards the lake and try to cut the corner where the turnaround starts to drop off down the ramp. It can be done, we launched and loaded a 30 boat KBF tournament that way a few years back. Good luck.

4/5 Thursday afternoon I drove by ramp#1 after work. The entrance gate at the top of the hill is closed. I have seen the corps do this multiple times in the past when the water is high. The Ramp #1 area has very little slope so once the water gets to a certain level over summer pool you can not launch from there so they close the entrance gate. I am not positive on the level they close the gate at but I "think" somewhere" around 7-8 ft over summer pool is when they lock the gate at the entrance on top of the hill.

I drove over the dam and they were releasing water. I could tell it was not a lot but they were releasing water. According to the site where I get my water information on 4/5 the main gate was set on .20 but the lake still rose 2.12 ft from 4/4-4/5 because there is more water coming in than going out. The anticipated gate setting for 4/6 is .60 The peak of the run-off rain from Tuesday nights storms should be ending soon so with them increasing the main gate setting and the inflow slowing down the lake level should be stable Friday. This is just in time for mother nature to throw us another curve ball...

Local forecast is calling for a 75% chance of rain starting Friday afternoon until Saturday morning with the 3-7 AM part of Saturday morning being a 75% chance of snow. Saturday mid morning is suppose to clear off and turn into sunshine Saturday afternoon. Currently the lake is 10.59 ft over summer pool. If we get the rain, snow mix like forecasted I predict the level will be close to 13 or so ft over summer pool by Sunday. This will be very hard on the spawn because the 10 day outlook is calling for 70 degree weather next weekend(4/13-15). Mid April is when we get the first big wave of spawners so with the lake being high they very well could pull the water while active spawning is going on and ruin the first part of the spawn...let's hope not.

8. Member
    Save your money and time. Was there Monday thru Weds. Fishing very small right now due to mud. Water coming up quick. Seven of us caught a total of 18-20 in 3 days.

9. Member
    This exactly, put in at Lone Valley Friday and had to back down then cut that angle out toward the lake without going up on the curb but wasn't too bad. By Sunday the water was down a foot or two and some of the turn around was usable so could get two boats, it should be good to go now. Thanks for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by besnyde View Post
    If the water is up over the turn around at Lone Valley it needs to be a lot over. The road leading down flattens out when it gets to the turn around before you head down the actual ramp to the left as you look down the hill. If it’s just over the turn around you won’t be able to unload because the trailer won’t get deeper as you back further in. If that happens, you need to angle the boat towards the lake and try to cut the corner where the turnaround starts to drop off down the ramp. It can be done, we launched and loaded a 30 boat KBF tournament that way a few years back. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slig View Post
    This exactly, put in at Lone Valley Friday and had to back down then cut that angle out toward the lake without going up on the curb but wasn't too bad. By Sunday the water was down a foot or two and some of the turn around was usable so could get two boats, it should be good to go now. Thanks for the responses.