Mixing Lithium and AGM batteries? Stealth?

So.... here is my plan... I have a Lithium Cranking Battery to install.. Weighs less than 10 pounds . Just bought 2 60 AH Lithium deep cycle trolling motor batteries...

I have my Northstar AGM group 31 batter as well..

In my case I think I will need some weight so my plan is to keep the northstar as a house battery for electronics and accessories.. Lithium Cranking for motor and lights maybe? Deep cycle lithiums obviously for trolling..

How can I connect these to the Stealth 1 and keep everything charged?

Thx.

Dan
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

2. Member
    Unless isolated, I don't think you can. Lithiums run at a slightly higher voltage. If paralleled with another none lithium battery, it will pull the lithium down.

3. Member
    Id use the north star for cranking then the lithium for house.. not sure what lithium battery your talking about. But im running a 100 ah relion and it has trouble in the cold..also id buy a sepeate charged fot the lithium

4. Member
    The only thing that would be connected to the Northstar would be the Stealth and my electronics.

5. Member

6. Member
    Never seen that one , let us know how it works..12t0 cca and only 10 lbs..

7. Member
    I wouldnt run those together..id keep them seperate and charge the house battery on a seperate charger

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basser38 View Post
    I wouldnt run those together..id keep them seperate and charge the house battery on a seperate charger
    Just so inconvenient!

9. Member
    Call the lithium company see what they say but from everything ive read its not good to mix different type batteries...

10. Member
    I'm working that angle and trying Danny @ Stealth as it seems they are a little different as well.. thx

11. BBC SPONSOR
    As long as the stealth has a Lithium profile you can use an AGM cranker and lithium trollers. I have been running this setup for 2 years now.

I run the PM-1 AGM as my cranker, the lithium pro dc charger is connected to the AGM for power input and the 36v power output is connected to my lithium pro trollers. To charge the system I use a Noco Gen 2 with both banks landed on the cranking battery, this puts 12v @ 20a in to the cranker and the DC charger converts this to 36v and charges the lithiums.

The issue you will run into is charging the 12v lithium...in this case a 3 bank on board should do the trick but you would need one bank to have a Lithium acceptable profile. You would then land banks 1&2 on the AGM and bank 3 on the 12v lithium.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

I went to the stealth site and there are no prices. What would a stealth charger to charge two 12 volt lithium batteries run?

13. Member
    Not sure if you worked with Danny at Stealth Systems yet, but you could get 1 24 Volts Lithium. I'm getting ready to run one 36 Volt Lithium for the TM and an Optima BlueTop D31 for everything else.