BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar

Aftermarket trailer rims

Anyone upgraded their trailer wheels? I have a 14 ZX20 and would like to add 16 or 17” black rims. Any info and pics would be appreciated. After doing some research it doesn’t seem like there are any trailer tires to accommodate these rims without doing any fender modifications.
    Thanks
    Steve

****Edit: Please see the posts below of my results and final choice. Thanks for the help BBC!
    Last edited by BassFishin Electronics; 04-18-2018 at 07:22 AM.

2. Member
    the newer wheels look great but i like having a bit more tire. mine are 14" which is old school but i keeps good rubber and my speed under 70 and no issues so far

So can anyone suggest a couple sharp rims only for the stock 205-5 lug trailer tires of a 2016 ZX225? thanx

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

4. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    Just got my new rims and tires in today! They fit perfect and I love the look. I will provide some feedback on towing once I get some miles on them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would love to know what kind you got, where you got them and the sizes. They look SWEET!!

6. Member
    Wow those look awesome on her! Good choice

7. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phlipnstik View Post
    I would love to know what kind you got, where you got them and the sizes. They look SWEET!!
    Thanks guys! I did a lot of research to find the right tires and fit. The easiest thing to do is take your current tire measurements and put them in a tire calculator and it will give you overall diameter and width. Then measure what you have for extra space and try to stay as close to your factory measurements as possible. Keep in mind if you increase diameter by an inch or width by an inch, its an overall measurement from top to bottom and sided to side. I ended up going with a Fuel Rim that measured 16x8 and had an offset of +1mm (essentially 0). I mounted a Bridgestone Dueler 215/65R16 tire in load range XL.

Stock Measurements w/ 205/75R14 = 26.1" Diameter and 8.1" Width
    New Setup w/ 215/65R16 = 27" Diameter and 8.5" Width

Hope this helps!

great info! Thanks