What’s more important?

I have a 2010 nitro z8 200 Merc ,I basically have enough $ to upgrade one possible 2 things but having a difficult time determining what. Ultrex- I have 112 fortrax now - new graph HDS12 I have 9&10” or hydro jack plate I have a fixed plate now. Appreciate any insight

Depends on how and where you fish. Ultrex will allow you to structure fish easier with spotlock and your Fortrex can be used as a spare or sell it. Hydraulic jackplate if you fish shallows or make long high speed runs. With already having a 9 and 10 inch graph, unless they're old technology, would be the last I would upgrade.

3. Member
    Skip the hydro jack plate unless you run really shallow water. You won’t be changing it much. Once it’s set to the right height it’s all good from there. The ultrex could be handy. Do you fish deep or shallow? Open water or shoreline? If shallow shoreline then get powerpoles. If open deep water get ultrex + graphs.

4. Member
    The jack plate allows you to run in smooth calm water at high speeds and also in rough water by lowering it down so you don't blow out as you go from wave to wave or run in water with a lot of boat traffic.

5. Member
    It’s a spilt of deep and shallow also quite a bit of river where it gets pretty skinny, my hds 10 been having issues towards the end of last year takes 5 mins to turn on but always worked once it booted up, I was leaning towards a jp but is it worth the $? With me and a passenger half tank gps says I run about 58 mph and rpms running pretty high , I got about 4K saved ultrex and graph or jp and graph , ultrex & jp

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yettib View Post
    It’s a spilt of deep and shallow also quite a bit of river where it gets pretty skinny, my hds 10 been having issues towards the end of last year takes 5 mins to turn on but always worked once it booted up, I was leaning towards a jp but is it worth the $? With me and a passenger half tank gps says I run about 58 mph and rpms running pretty high , I got about 4K saved ultrex and graph or jp and graph , ultrex & jp
    You need to backup your waypoints and settings and then purge all old information from the HDS 10. That is why it takes so long to boot up. It is just a computer with too much crap in it. You will never regret the Ultrex.

Ultrex is probably the best upgrade I've done on the boat!!! Period.
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

8. Member
    Ultrex
    Don Blume

2018 Ranger Z520C
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B525775 2-Stroke

Past Rigs
    2008 Triton Tr186 with Mercury 175 Pro XS
    2000 Ranger R73 with Mercury 125
    1976 Basscat with 150 Mercury

9. Member
    I would get an Ultrex and a dual console mount (Bass boat Technologies) and add a nice used graph. Point 1 Antenna if you don't have it yet.