Thread: Kerr lake

Kerr lake

Heading down for day Friday. Besides windy. Anyone been catching any?
    Thanks for headsup.

2. Member
    Deleted
    Last edited by Eric13579; 04-06-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children
    ><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸.·´¯'·...¸><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'· .¸.·´¯'·...><((((º>

Id imagine with the water over 302 for the last week+ and still at 303 its bush time. I never liked that bite as it was very hit/miss (more miss haha) for me, but I know a LOT of guys loved it.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

They were in the bushes this past weekend when water was at 303. Unfortunately the cold front Friday night zapped our fish. Bucks are still on secondary points in 4-8’ of water.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Great. I love it in willow bushes and white spinnerbait.

6. Member
    Been catching my better fish 3-4 pounds in 6-10 ft last weekend after Friday’s front. Smaller fish in bushes for me but later in day further in back of pockets

7. Member
    Couple of us are heading up Monday to stay at Occoneeche for 3 or 4 days. I am sure we will be all over the lake trying to find a few fish. Have not decided if we need to start at the lower end or the upper end of the lake. I am thinking Eastland and Nutbush early in the week then maybe Rudds and the upper end later in the week. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

8. Member
    start right there. hundreds of fish stocked in there this weekend in anglers choice tournaments. good creek this time of year anyhow.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tstaton1968 View Post
    start right there. hundreds of fish stocked in there this weekend in anglers choice tournaments. good creek this time of year anyhow.
    That's not a bad idea. Thanks for that info, I only get up there once a year in the spring for a couple of days. The water temps are lower than what it usually is when I fish there, hopefully I can adjust and figure them out. Thanks again!!!

10. Member
    What are water temps like? I'm fishing Fri-sun this weekend only go once a year.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dypsis View Post
    What are water temps like? I'm fishing Fri-sun this weekend only go once a year.
    Highest we saw today was 54 in Nutbush. Had a fair bite going to about an hour and a half this morning. Wind changed and shut em down for us.

12. Member
    I went this past Friday out of Eastland Creek. I tried and no luck.
    Left there went to Nutbush. Left Nutbush and stopped in creek just below Satterwhite Point. Nothing still.
    Had dropped trolling motor went to middle of deck and was getting ready to cast with back towards main lake and wind and wave i assume from a boat caught me off guard. Needless to say I went overboard. Yes 54.5 degrees cold. On the flip side I know without a doubt my Pfd works. inflated immediately upon hitting the water. Got back in the boat changed into dry clothes and fished a little longer. By the way water was 303.5. if anyone goes down there right much let me know and i'll send you the coordinates, left my prescription glasses on the bottom. When water drops down to 299 they should be laying there.
    Anyways no fish, next time hopefully fish and stay dry next time....

13. Member
    Glad it turned out ok for you. Yes the water is still cold for sure.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

14. Member
    Thanks Roger. If I was going again this weekend I would go in milestone. Lots of flooded timber in back of bluestone creek. Water temps will be cooler.

15. Member
    Had a good windy point jerkbait bite yesterday in Eastland. Water temps got up to almost 57. Wind is supposed to get up the next 2 days. I have caught a bunch of fish this trip. Several 2-3 pounders. Did manage one fish over 5. Where are the big fish in this lake? With the warm temps over the next 2 days does anyone think the bigger fish will start to move to the back of the pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    I went this past Friday out of Eastland Creek. I tried and no luck.
    Left there went to Nutbush. Left Nutbush and stopped in creek just below Satterwhite Point. Nothing still.
    Had dropped trolling motor went to middle of deck and was getting ready to cast with back towards main lake and wind and wave i assume from a boat caught me off guard. Needless to say I went overboard. Yes 54.5 degrees cold. On the flip side I know without a doubt my Pfd works. inflated immediately upon hitting the water. Got back in the boat changed into dry clothes and fished a little longer. By the way water was 303.5. if anyone goes down there right much let me know and i'll send you the coordinates, left my prescription glasses on the bottom. When water drops down to 299 they should be laying there.
    Anyways no fish, next time hopefully fish and stay dry next time....
    LOL Heck of a story! Glad to hear everything worked out.

There's a good chance that I'll be down there on Saturday. I'll report back.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

17. Member
    Sounds good.
    Glad i was not there on thursday, wind was alot more than the past Friday..

I ended up going on Saturday. They dropped the water levels about a foot in 24 hours which really seemed to affect the bite. I thought for sure I could pick some off in wind blown pockets with a spinnerbait but after about 2 hours of trying that in Grassy Creek I had to resort to something else.

I caught a couple on some main channel points at the mouth of Grassy on a jerkbait before running up lake and finding some low 60 degree water temp. I picked up a senko and went junk fishing hoping to come across some bedding fish and caught a few doing that, one of them was around 5 pounds.

Overall it was a good day - extremely windy but bearable. The falling water really hurt but I can't ever complain about going to Buggs in April. Total fish count was around 8, best 5 being around 12 lbs.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO