Thread: BFL Canclelled

CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar

BFL Canclelled

In case anyone doesn't know yet, apparently FLW cancelled the BFL for this weekend and has rescheduled it for the 22nd. So back to back BFL's on the same place on the same weekend. This oughtta get interesting.

That’s jacked up.

And the Potomac Battle Series on the 22nd, another BFL the following Saturday, and a rescheduled Potomac Battle Series on the 29th. How can there be any fish left outside the Smallwood/Leesylvania area after all of this?
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    Just the logistics of trying to fish the BFL on the 21st has now become a nightmare for me. Guys will be tripping over each other now. Some that are fishing the 22nd and not the 21st will be out there practicing. Or guys that fish the 21st and not the 22nd will be sharing info like crazy. I have very mixed feelings on this. I am not doing the 22nd because I need to get back to NY for work on Monday. Otherwise I would just do them both.

5. mikesxpress
    Maybe they should hand these out on Friday?

6. Member
    Good thing they cancelled the BFL with all this snow and nasty weather.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Heard they had a rescue this morning involving a bass boat taking on water.

8. Member
    wonder who
    2003 skeeter sx200. 200hp Yamaha vmax ox66.
    hook 9 and hook 7
    dual Bluetooth gauge style radio and speakers
    109lb motor guide tour trolling motor
    dual power pole pro series
    atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate
    custom rims
    live well full of hogs.

9. Member
    I've seen many more people in 14 foot flat bottoms on the river this year than ever before. I think it has to do with the explosion of people on YouTube and Facebook fishing out of small Jon boats on the river. This is probably who got swamped. They don't realize or care that big waves are deadly. When I saw a couple kids heading out to the main river the morning of the 30th (forecasted small craft, 4 footers by mid day) I knew it wasn't long before something would happen. If anyone with a smaller aluminum is reading this, please think twice before you head out on the main river, and at least wear a damn life jacket.

10. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pigs View Post
    Heard they had a rescue this morning involving a bass boat taking on water.
    I heard that it was an overturned bass boat. I hope I heard it wrong. Both individuals were rescued. FLW got it right this time I guess

I was out yesterday and it was angry on the main river.

Rick Elrod

12. mikesxpress
    The weather reports are available to everyone. If folks choose to venture out when there is small craft warnings or the wind is over 10 MPH and blowing up/down the main stem of the river that is thinning of the herd in process. My concern lies with the 1st responders that have to go out to get them..........

We get multiple events like this on the Potomac all year long and it doesn't necessarily pertain to tin or glass boats. The wizards on a rowing team above the WW bridge had to get hauled out by the USCG earlier this year after they took the shell out into the whitecaps by Regan and it went down.