Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    A fury is the last prop that needs to go on the XB21, I'd rather paddle
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

2. Member
    Some good responses on this thread. I fish mostly shallow water with grass (Guntersville and Okeechobee) and have tried both a coned TM with lower water pickups and a TM2. I agree that a SM or coned LU is faster but the TM2 performs well on the XB-21 up to 85 MPH. I still get the occasional stat debris but nothing like what I was getting before with the low water pickups on the coned TM. I am much happier with the TM but I am more of a dirt fisherman than trying to squeeze out every possible MPH. I am not knocking those who are either and I still am running faster than most every other boat I am fishing against.
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWW9589 View Post
    Some good responses on this thread. I fish mostly shallow water with grass (Guntersville and Okeechobee) and have tried both a coned TM with lower water pickups and a TM2. I agree that a SM or coned LU is faster but the TM2 performs well on the XB-21 up to 85 MPH. I still get the occasional stat debris but nothing like what I was getting before with the low water pickups on the coned TM. I am much happier with the TM but I am more of a dirt fisherman than trying to squeeze out every possible MPH. I am not knocking those who are either and I still am running faster than most every other boat I am fishing against.
    Just curious, have you ran it any length of time at 85 mph?

I think a lot of these xb-21s set up to fish with 2 people run right at that 85 mph threshold.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

This question is for those saying the Fury is a bad prop on the Allison BasSport Pro. Have you had experience running the Fury prop on said boat with the Mercury Pro XS equipped with a Gen2 lower unit? If so, please give us some detailed information on your experiences. I would love to read it. The Fury isn't designed to surface. The Gen2 torque master isn't designed to surface. Both were designed to run deeper in the water column. I have seen Teb running his BasSport Pro with this setup well into the 80's as he blew by us down here in the basin like we were sitting still. I was in the passenger seat of a BassCat Puma 1st day of the BASS Open tournament. The driver of the Puma couldn't believe the Allison was that much faster.
    Brian Schuler
    USMC Retired

A true Hero gets out of bed every morning and goes about lifes daily tasks unnoticed, unassuming, and unsung.

A true Hero takes on responsibility, speaks kindly, acts fairly, endures patiently. And facing every day with simple strength.

A true Hero persists in the things that really matter.

2013 Allison BasSport Pro Elite
    Mercury 250 Sport XS

5. Member
    I have never ran a fury on a tm lower in my boat, I have ran a 26 fury on my boat with a sporty and 1.62 gears. It was ranger slow, 72 was all I could get. Buried the plate, tried it shallow and everywhere in between, just could not get the slip % down. That same prop ran great on a stratos, champion, and legend, just no good on an xb21.
    Last edited by atcje; 04-11-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Johnny Johnson

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pops77s View Post
    This question is for those saying the Fury is a bad prop on the Allison BasSport Pro. Have you had experience running the Fury prop on said boat with the Mercury Pro XS equipped with a Gen2 lower unit? If so, please give us some detailed information on your experiences. I would love to read it. The Fury isn't designed to surface. The Gen2 torque master isn't designed to surface. Both were designed to run deeper in the water column. I have seen Teb running his BasSport Pro with this setup well into the 80's as he blew by us down here in the basin like we were sitting still. I was in the passenger seat of a BassCat Puma 1st day of the BASS Open tournament. The driver of the Puma couldn't believe the Allison was that much faster.
    I have a 27 Fury that I run on my TM2. It is fast but doesn’ Handle as well as a 4 blade. Personally, I like the 29 Bravo XS better as an all around prop.
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Just curious, have you ran it any length of time at 85 mph?

I think a lot of these xb-21s set up to fish with 2 people run right at that 85 mph threshold.
    I have run it 30+ Miles in the high 70s/low 80s with no problem with 2 people and tournament load.
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pops77s View Post
    Brian, you are correct that the Fury likes to run low in the water column. That is probably why those running a SM don’t like it. I really like it when I am running light and it mostly calm water. It is scary fast like Teb says. Where I got into trouble with it was running heavy in big rollers caused by 25-30 MPH wind. It would not carry the bow like I needed to keep from getting pounded to death. A 4 blade like a Bravo or Hydro is much better for running really rough stuff.
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWW9589 View Post
    I have run it 30+ Miles in the high 70s/low 80s with no problem with 2 people and tournament load.
    Yea I figured it'd would do fine high 70s / low 80s, just curious about running it for any length mid 80s which is supposed to be the blow out threshold according to many guys.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123