A spybait on the Potomac?

I was reading the ABA results from last Saturday to see what kind of weight won the thing, and the winner said this - “We stayed right in Mattawoman creek all day,” Arens said. “We fished shallow all day. I threw a lipless crankbait in craw color and a spybait in white bone color”. Who knew the water was that clear to use one of those things?
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Spybait wouldn't be the choice today. I was out a few hours this morning, visibility was about six inches. Caught everything on a rattle bait, but one. Caught a dozen, biggest 4 lbs, most around 2 lbs. Water temp 51.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yj99t04 View Post
    I was reading the ABA results from last Saturday to see what kind of weight won the thing, and the winner said this - “We stayed right in Mattawoman creek all day,” Arens said. “We fished shallow all day. I threw a lipless crankbait in craw color and a spybait in white bone color”. Who knew the water was that clear to use one of those things?
    Don't believe everything you read.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

4. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    Don't believe everything you read.
    LOL. Got that right. Whenever I do well in our weekly events here the same guys ask what I wasa throwing. They always get the same answer... A pink topwater senko.

I meant that as tongue in cheek. Everyone knows the "secret lure" on the Potomac is any color Senko.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Ya'll are hilarious. If I'm pounding fish and someone asks me what I was doing, I'll tell them Exactly what I was doing. Bait, color, depth, speed, location. I dont give a crap. I hope they go catch them too. I'm active duty so every 3-4 years I have to move. I rely on local guys to jump start my game because frankly I dont have the time to pound a body of water. I have confidence in myself. If I tell you exactly what I was doing, it doesn't mean you can replicate it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    Ya'll are hilarious. If I'm pounding fish and someone asks me what I was doing, I'll tell them Exactly what I was doing. Bait, color, depth, speed, location. I dont give a crap. I hope they go catch them too. I'm active duty so every 3-4 years I have to move. I rely on local guys to jump start my game because frankly I dont have the time to pound a body of water. I have confidence in myself. If I tell you exactly what I was doing, it doesn't mean you can replicate it.
    You are right. Not everyone shakes there worm the same. :
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.