Banned

Looking for Options for Boarding Ladders with Talons

G'Day Folks
    I am going to be installing a pair of Talons on my boat and I need to figure out how to get a boarding ladder installed as well.
    Since the kids and I enjoy swimming in the summer I want a ladder that is very easy to use and is functional as well as easy to stow afterwards.
    I would really appreciate any suggestions and pictures of how you set up your boarding ladder with your Talons installed.
    Thanks for your help
    Dwayne

I still have the boarding ladder that came on my Skeeter.

Attached Images Attached Images

3. Banned
    Nice. Did you just drill and tape new holes in the Jackplate aft of the Talon Bracket?

No, I used the existing holes. I should add that the Skeeter dealer added the ladder when I purchased the boat. The 2007 did not come with one. The bracket for the ladder bolted using the engine mounting bolts.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Nice looking unit. I may have to go to something like that for my boat.

6. Banned
    I am wondering if there is any spray from the ladder?
    Looks good. I will be grabbing a chunk of angle aluminum and get drilling and tapping...
    Have you tried to climb on board between the Talon and your motor?

I appreciate the assistance Mr. Texas Larry

7. Member
    There was this thread but the pics aren't showing up.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=735283
    Basically its installing a twist step on the back side of the Talon bracket.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2020 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    HB Solix
    HB M360
    Garmin LiveView
    MinnKota Ultrex

8. Banned
    The pictures show the twist step mounted on the outboard of the Talon Bracket which is what I figured that I will have to do.
    With the Talons installed there is no room between the Talon and the motor.
    The issue will be to have the boarding ladder low enough to be useful without being so low to cause water spray or drag during take off.
    I am very surprised that MinnKota has not created an attachement boarding ladder for the Talons

[QUOTE=D-wayne;9249801]I am wondering if there is any spray from the ladder?
    Looks good. I will be grabbing a chunk of angle aluminum and get drilling and tapping...
    Have you tried to climb on board between the Talon and your motor?

I haven't had to use the boarding ladder, but I will fit (barely, but I'm a pretty big guy) between the Talon and the engine. I don't get any spray from the ladder, it is out of the water when you're on plane.

Quote Originally Posted by D-wayne View Post
    The pictures show the twist step mounted on the outboard of the Talon Bracket which is what I figured that I will have to do.
    With the Talons installed there is no room between the Talon and the motor.
    The issue will be to have the boarding ladder low enough to be useful without being so low to cause water spray or drag during take off.
    I am very surprised that MinnKota has not created an attachement boarding ladder for the Talons
    Looks like the pics are back up. Photobucket wants to charge me $39.00 per month for posting these types of pics. I don't sell anything on ebay or amazon to warrant the need to throw $ away every month.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=735283

Heres the link on BBC, under Power Poles/Talons. It's a sticky at the top...

Good luck,

Ernie