No more roof racks !!!!

After 8 years of kayak ownership and countless trips, I finally can retire the roof racks ... I gave the Honda to daughter #2 for college and grabbed this back in December. The extreme cruelty of this winter has conspired against me actually using it to haul my yak anywhere, but it's gonna happen soon enough It's going to be sweet loading up after a long day, I never did look forward to loading/unloading when I was wiped out at the end of the day.

Ranting incoherently

Nice move. You gonna get a bed extender?
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Definitely happy with my upgrade from my Camry to my RAM 1500...won't ever go back!

Quote Originally Posted by Royjulius View Post
    Nice move. You gonna get a bed extender?
    I might at one point ... my buddy hauls his yak (and mine at times) in his F150 with the tailgate up and the yaks hanging over the top and lashed to the bumper, it's worked well so far. What worries me about the bed extender is some nitwit not paying attention and running into the overhanging yak at a red light or stop sign.
    Ranting incoherently

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    I might at one point ... my buddy hauls his yak (and mine at times) in his F150 with the tailgate up and the yaks hanging over the top and lashed to the bumper, it's worked well so far. What worries me about the bed extender is some nitwit not paying attention and running into the overhanging yak at a red light or stop sign.
    Add a set of LED trailer lights to the extender. My kayak is 14' and 95lb unloaded so an extender is a must. My Tundra is also a Crew max so the short bed is an issues as well.