Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Rage Craw or......?

Basically I think rage craws are overpriced. Theyre like the senko of action craws. Went through a pack yesterday getting short strikes where I was losing the arms and having to switch them out...with no fish catches, so I might just be salty from that fact! lol

Just recently ordered the christie craws, and I like them. I think the action is as much as the rage craws....but the rage craws definitely have a bigger profile/bulk to them. Im thinking of trying the yum mighty craw next TW order...looks the same just a bit bulkier than the christie craw. I also picked up about 10 packs of the keitech noisy flapper when gander mountain went out of business....again, great action...but not as bulky as the rage craw.

So im basically gathering that the only thing the rage craw has on the competition...is that bigger profile. Both the noisy flapper and christie craw have good action. Any other rage craw alternatives you all like? Speed craws are great....but again, smaller profiles.

Do you all feel the rage craw is worth the cost? Even though I hate to admit it...I think the senko is worth the stupid prices GY is charging now a days for them...but the verdict is still out for me on the rage craws. I think the cost is what has me questioning things the most....its an expensive soft plastic, even compared to the GY senko.

2. Member
    I like the zoom speed craws and the gambler burner craw, I've had luck with the rages. Try the Berkley chigger craw

I also think that the Strike King Rage plastics are way over priced. I tried the Menace and it worked fine. But, so does the much lower priced Zoom Z-Craw, which I use all the time now.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    I like the zoom speed craws and the gambler burner craw, I've had luck with the rages. Try the Berkley chigger craw
    used the chigger before and its ok on the action too. Burner craw looks good, and bulkier than speed craw. ill toss a couple in the cart next TW order.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I also think that the Strike King Rage plastics are way over priced. I tried the Menace and it worked fine. But, so does the much lower priced Zoom Z-Craw, which I use all the time now.
    Love the z craw too! very versatile soft plastic!

I think strike king plastics are expensive since they kinda pioneered the "rage" or action from appendages. a lot of companies have caught up tho....basically just do heavy pour on the tips of legs/arms to get that funky balance that gets flappin in a hurry. I do like the bulk of the rage craws tho...but i really think thats all it has on the competition now. not sure theyre worth the price since theyre usually on a jig that gives that bigger profile any way. If I was t-rigging....i think that the rage craw has the edge....but beside that....im prolly sticking with zoom or yum.

Those keitech noisey flappers are pretty good too if you ever find them on special. I dont think they get a lot of marketing....but the action is really good, almost wanna say better than the rage craw!

5. Banned
    I meant Keitech CRAZY flappers! noisey flapper is their soft plastic frog. Crazy flappers are closest to rage craws imo

6. Member
    You do realize on TW they are exactly the same cost, right??

7. Member
    I love the Rage Craws and yes they are pricey at 9.99 CDN a bag I would say there expensive to say the least. Zoom super speed craw is awesome as well along with Gamblers burner craw.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    $4 for 8 Zoom Z-Craw Juniors, $5.30 for 8 Rage Tail Menace. What am I missing? Comparing the full size Z-Craw they're probably closer in price, but that's a bigger bait than the Menace. You also find sales on Zoom plastics pretty often, while it's comparatively more rare to find Strike King on sale.

I actually found a guy who has a mold for a perfect knockoff of the Rage Menace. I can get them poured for something like $20 for 50. I'm not usually a fan of ripping off designs, but the price SK charges for their plastics sure invites it. It's pretty sad when $0.40 a piece for a small, relatively simple bait represents a 60% savings off the "original."

To get more to the aim of the thread, I was going to suggest the Christie Craw as a good sub for the Rage Craw. Agree that it doesn't have quite the bulk, but I'm not sure I've ever found a time when I felt like it really made that much of a difference. The "bulk" of the presentation comes from the wide set claws in my mind, and they both have that. It doesn't hurt that it's what, less than half the price?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

9. Member
    Damn packaging is what makes the SK baits so expensive. Now I will say this, when it's early spring and there's no wind, the Menace is unbeatable on a wobble head. And it's durable. IMO
    The Rage Craws are just a bait I haven't gone to. Zoom Speed craws in cooler water and the Super Speed Craw in summer work just fine form me. Or the Berkely Chigger Craw.
    A&M Baits in OK make a helluva alternative to the Senko at a fraction of the cost. They call it a Trick Stick. Haven't bought a "Senko" in years.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

40% savings off the original Menace, before someone catches my mistake. Doesn't change the implication though!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    $4 for 8 Zoom Z-Craw Juniors, $5.30 for 8 Rage Tail Menace. What am I missing? Comparing the full size Z-Craw they're probably closer in price, but that's a bigger bait than the Menace. You also find sales on Zoom plastics pretty often, while it's comparatively more rare to find Strike King on sale.

I actually found a guy who has a mold for a perfect knockoff of the Rage Menace. I can get them poured for something like $20 for 50. I'm not usually a fan of ripping off designs, but the price SK charges for their plastics sure invites it. It's pretty sad when $0.40 a piece for a small, relatively simple bait represents a 60% savings off the "original."

To get more to the aim of the thread, I was going to suggest the Christie Craw as a good sub for the Rage Craw. Agree that it doesn't have quite the bulk, but I'm not sure I've ever found a time when I felt like it really made that much of a difference. The "bulk" of the presentation comes from the wide set claws in my mind, and they both have that. It doesn't hurt that it's what, less than half the price?
    I respect the R&D of strike king....but i almost want a knockoff rage craw. I dont feel the salt content is important like in stick baits....so something just a hair different, and id buy them (sorry to say). I kinda wonder if the plastics prices "make up" for the relatively low price on hard baits. Theyre definitely profiting off of the crankbaits and those hard baits, but comparing them to the competition they could prolly get away with charging another dollar or 2 per bait and still sell them just as good. Margins are prolly phenomenal on soft plastics...so they keep prices higher there.

No idea what im talking about...just been watching shark tank lately, and threw in some assumptions! lol

Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    Damn packaging is what makes the SK baits so expensive. Now I will say this, when it's early spring and there's no wind, the Menace is unbeatable on a wobble head. And it's durable. IMO
    The Rage Craws are just a bait I haven't gone to. Zoom Speed craws in cooler water and the Super Speed Craw in summer work just fine form me. Or the Berkely Chigger Craw.
    A&M Baits in OK make a helluva alternative to the Senko at a fraction of the cost. They call it a Trick Stick. Haven't bought a "Senko" in years.
    I tried the bizz baits senko....its not bad....but just as expensive! LMAO I might have to look them up next time i order stick baits! thanks. def gonna give the super speed craws a try...always got the smaller ones.

12. Banned
    maybe you quoted the wrong person? WOndering if youre referring to Keitech Crazy flappers vs Strike king rage craws? Thats why i mentioned catching them on sale....i think i payed $2 per pack at gander mountain so it was a good buy for me. id buy them again if they were on sale...TW had them on sale a month or 2 ago.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishInTheDesert View Post
    maybe you quoted the wrong person? WOndering if youre referring to Keitech Crazy flappers vs Strike king rage craws? Thats why i mentioned catching them on sale....i think i payed $2 per pack at gander mountain so it was a good buy for me. id buy them again if they were on sale...TW had them on sale a month or 2 ago.
    No, both the standard z craw and standard menace are $.67 a bait retail. Just stating facts.

14. Banned
    No, both the standard z craw and standard menace are $.67 a bait retail. Just stating facts.
    ha youre right! might need to pick up some menace to give them a try. I always compared the standard z craw to the rage bugs, and it is cheaper than those. I havent bought any of the Jr's yet, but those are prolly more menace like.

15. Member
    http://aandmbaits.com/shop/index.php...dex&cPath=2_17

Trick Sticks pak of 25 for $6.50.(26 cents a piece) They got a hook slot in em, too.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

V&M Wild Thang Craw has been working for me for about a year now.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

17. Member
    I respect the R&D of strike king....but i almost want a knockoff rage craw.

If you have facebook, there’s a group called “bass baits buy and barter” and a guy sells a rage craw replica to the T for way way cheaper and in any color you want.

Could be. I usually buy from my local tackle shop and the Rage products are more expensive than comparable Zoom stuff.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I respect the R&D of strike king....but i almost want a knockoff rage craw.
    I thought that Netbait came out with the flapping pincers before Strike King.

20. Banned
    I thought that Netbait came out with the flapping pincers before Strike King.
    haha very good point. Although I do respect the time and effort...i agree with that point. All companies basically tinker with the same idea. Shoot....strike king is pushing those ocho's hard now...the Lee brothers made sure to mention them....and my local academy has a full endcap of ocho's. Ocho is basically a senko(not here to debate sink rates tho lol)....also heard the rage bug idea/majority of the design came from the bass pro river bug (not sure how accurate that is tho). So its hard to respect the r&d in a holy sense...I respect it...but if I find a similar product cheaper, i will try it out. None of these bait companies are reinventing the wheel...and borrow from one another.

If you all have ever seen the keitech crazy flapper....its basically a finesse rage craw (imo) with longer attena flappers and legs...that you can pinch off easily! even the ridges along the ends of the appendages that give it that flap are pretty(very) similar. But the same negative connotations of buying a knockoff arent there cuz all stuff keitech is pricey...and considered high end in my neck of the woods. Whats so different from an individual making another very similar craw and selling it for cheaper? Just the marketing hype and buying into it imo. add 2 easy to pinch off legs, and call it a new product so everyone can be happy their is no infringement? lol

I feel like i started arguing with myself after reading the post! LMAO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast