Okeechobee Trip: Info About J&S Fish Camp?

Planning a trip to the Big O first week in June. Found the J&S Fish Camp online, located in the northeast corner of the lake.

Does anyone have any info about the quality of the cabins? My wife freaked out when we went to Seminole and the cabin we were assigned was infested with roaches.

As important: What is that part of the lake like? Are there tall grasses, pads, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Craig
    Columbus, GA
    Craig

2018 Bass Cat Margay
    150 HP Mercury Four Stroke

Not much pads and grass, but lots of rocks. Careful running in that area. Keep an eye on water level, its dropping quick. Rolands is a nice place to stay.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Member
    Personally if bringing the wife I would stay at pier two resort in the main building, lower level in the back. The outside building is fine too and has better parking but the main builing definitely has a little nicer rooms. Next would be go stay at rolands as this gives you better options to fish both north and south. To answer your question j/s side of lake has been a mudhole since december...

Thank you Jason and cwilt.
    Craig

2018 Bass Cat Margay

5. Work hard fish harder SwampNinja's Avatar
    In June, bringing your wife, I would Stay at Roland's or Pier as stated. In june the offshore bite (shad) can be awesome early morning out of Clewiston. I never fish the north end so can't really chime in on the fishing if you stay on the north end.
    Stratos 294 evo Etec 200 HO
    HydrillaGear.com IguanaGraphics.com

6. Member
    there are still good fish in north end but fishes small,come back at end of may for query,as I live on js side and muddy is too kind of a call.piertwo is good and six ramps within 45 or 50 min from motel from js to Harney pond

Thanks hermanp
    Craig

2018 Bass Cat Margay