Ultrex Vibration?

I recently got an Ultrex and if I turn the power to "6" or greater I get a pretty significant amount of vibration on the front deck. If I turn it to "10" the vibration get really bad (I bet you could feel it standing on the back deck.) Is anyone else having this issue? Could it be an out of balance prop?

2. Member
    Got some good stick time on mine last weekend and it does the same at about 5.5 - 7.5 but when I go up to 8 - 10 it mellows out again. I literally feel the deck pulsating. I have a G-Force eliminator prop nut on mine that I was going to take off and see what the the vibration did with it off.
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

3. Member
    I've emailed minnkota. We'll see what they say back.

4. Member
    My ultrex does the same at about 6. My fortrex done it really bad until I put the g-force nut on it, then it settled that mess down. But my ultrex has the g-force nut from my fortrex on it and doesn’t seem to help it. Like was said in an above post, I too am thinkin about puttin the regular nut on it to see if that helps. I haven’t tried the regular prop nut on the ultrex.

5. Member
    Are you guys running a 24v or 36v Ultrex?
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

6. Member
    My .02 - the instructions for the prop installation are very specific. You need to put a wrench on the nut and a flat screwdriver in the slot on the prop shaft. If you do not tighten it down correctly, e.g., just tightening the nut, then you could get vibration.

7. Member
    No vibration issues with my 52" 36v. Somethings not right.

Take off the prop and see if the shaft spins true without it. If it's still vibrating, you have issues...

9. Member
    Thanks I'll tinker around. For the record mine is a 36v 112 lb

10. Member
    Minnkota recommends taking the prop off and rotating 180 degrees.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    My ultrex does the same at about 6. My fortrex done it really bad until I put the g-force nut on it, then it settled that mess down. But my ultrex has the g-force nut from my fortrex on it and doesn’t seem to help it. Like was said in an above post, I too am thinkin about puttin the regular nut on it to see if that helps. I haven’t tried the regular prop nut on the ultrex.
    The g force nut made it worse on my ultrex. Went back to the regular nut

12. Member
    Has anyone tried rotating the prop 180 degrees? I haven't been back out on my boat since I got that suggestion from Minn Kota - wondering if anyone has had any success?

13. Member
    Tried the 180 thing on mine and didn’t help. But I did remove the washer that was behind my g-force nut and that did help a lot. Very minimal vibration now. I don’t know if I was supposed to remove that washer though.

14. Member
    I was able to get out yesterday 1st time since I installed my ultrex pretty bad vibration. I still like it but I'm not crazy about the vibration. I also wish I would have went with the 45" instead of 52" oh well live and learn
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

15. Banned
    I seen a video on YouTube about tuning a TM Head. It was pretty simple. There are a couple of bolts behind the prop. You loosen the bolts and tap on the skeg with a rubber mallet and find the sweet spot. You need to put the TM on continuous and cycle through the numbers till you lose vibration. Just find the video on YouTube.