What is best prop for 20 foot skeeter with a 200hp mercury carb

I have a 25p trophy plus 4 blade gets in plane an runs 6000rpm at wot, but when loading on trailer it just Boggs down, guy at skeeter told me it was the prop said it catches to much water. But that doesn't make any sense to me. Any suggestions

2. Member
    25 Tempest will probably work best.

3. Member
    What motor ..EFI?.. I'm running a tempest plus 22 pitch... ZX 200.... 200 merc efi ..5800-5900..rpm..
    Last edited by skeeter6; 04-02-2018 at 12:01 PM.

It's not uncommon for some 4 blade's to struggle power loading onto the trailer. Most will do okay but some do have issues.

5. Member
    Believe that is fairly common complaint with the Trophy prop, mine was the same way, Tempest and fury are much better power loading on the trailer for me.

6. Member
    Boat is a zx202c. Motor is 200hp carb. Maybe I will try an trade for a tempest

Ran a worked and blueprinted 27 Tempest on an SX200 with a 200xri for years. 12” slidemaster jp. Good combo

8. Member
    I do have a manual 10" plate. Thanks for all the info.

A trophy normally has a better holeshot than a 3 blade. Which should translate to better "power loading". But if you back your boat trailer in the water far enough, you won't have to "power load". It'll nearly float up to the stop.

Grabbing too much water? lol

10. Member
    I never said it was grabbing to much water. I said skeeter told me it catches to much water. An i know about backing the trailer in further but that is not the point. I want to be able to power load an I domt have to worry about backing it so far thst front of boat hit a the wench. I would appreciate it if you would only comment to help. Thanks

11. Member
    Also if you back in to where it floats boat won't be level on trailer. I've owned several boats an nwver had this problem.

Whatever dude. It shouldn't take more than 1500 rpms to push the boat up within a couple of inches of the stop if the trailer is in the right spot. A few inches deeper with the trailer can make a lot of difference. If the boat won't sit level on the trailer, you're definitely way too deep. And if your prop won't push your boat up on the trailer, you are too shallow. Somewhere in between should be about right.

Never seen anyone want to change props for better loading capabilities.

13. Member
    Fatshaft merc..Someone's a little snippy-You better stick to the fact's WOW....someone needs a nap

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    It's not uncommon for some 4 blade's to struggle power loading onto the trailer. Most will do okay but some do have issues.
    Like said above if you like the way the prop run ,I would live with . Unless you want to spend some $$$$...just to load up better.

15. Member
    I can live with it I've just never had that problem with any boats. I was thinking about getting a good spare prop, I just wasn't sure if what skeeter told me was true seemed odd.