Thread: Cross lake

Cross lake

How are the water levels at Cross lake and how is it fishing?

2. Member
    You'll have a hard time getting that information on this site. Not many from the Shreveport area on here. You might try sending Aaron Zietler (badazztriton on here) a message. Not sure though that he fishes Cross Lake. You might get on ultimatebass.com and check with those guys. A lot on that site are from that area and one of them should know. Good luck...Eddie

3. Member
    Thanks Eddie. I am fishing in the all American as a co and was just wondering what to expect.

4. Member
    I'll tell you what little bit I know. I looked and see tourney will be last of May-June 2 or 3, correct? This is a lake that you can load the boat 1 day and scratch the next. There is very little to no offshore structure. There are a few cypress trees and some grass, if nothing has changed on it. My brother lives over there and when he was fishing a good bit, he would have good success on a Wobble Head. If you are unfamiliar with them, send me a PM and I'll see if I can find some and send you. Not sure they are even made any longer. But I do have some. They are a go-to lure around here in the Summer...the hotter the better. Also, there was a big tournament on the lake a number of years ago now that was won on an old balsa crankbait that was no longer being made IIRC. I think it was an old Bagley's lure. The guy that won it fought his way back into some of the cypress trees and caught a good sack to win it. Not sure if there is still a slot limit on lake or not, but if so it could be very frustrating. Because of the pressure that the lake receives and the fact that there is a lot of pleasure boating on it since it is in the city and is pretty much wide open, I would say to try something off the wall...something that maybe no one else is throwing...like the Wobble Head. NOTE: I have seen on the TFF Wobble Heads advertised for sale, those are not the same as I am talking about. Again, if you think you might want to try some, let me know by PM and I will send you some. It is a very clear lake so one might want to down-size and throw small shakey-heads on 8 lb. test or whatever you think necessary. Bear in mind though that there are some big fish in the lake. That's my $.02 worth-try to be different on smaller line and give it heck.

5. Member
    Most people I know that live over there call it the dead sea, it at times will put out some decent bags but more times than not its a hard place to figure out.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. You say its pretty clear? That surprises me, I was expecting stained to muddy. You have the dates correct.Yes it still has the slot limit also.

7. Member
    There’s no slot limit on it. 14in min now. Changed it few years ago. Right now it’s is muddy to stain. That time of year ur coming will be cleaned up a lot. Not much vegetation in itcanymore as they spray the piss out of it yearly. Some great dock fishing can be had and some awesome frog fishing. Lake fishes shallow year around. It’s not really deepcwither. West end is trees. Midlake to East end is docks and points. It’s a lake u can pick ur strength and go st it. Takes anywhere from 15-25 to win st times out there 5 fish. Last year a 28lb sack won a big 100 boat deal. Already had a 11.9 weighed it off it this year too! Don’t bring no light line over here. U will get ur heart broken also. I love it when it’s game on but when it’s tough it freaking sucks! Lol. Pm me if u need more

8. Member
    MLF had a tournament on it a couple or so years ago. May could get on YouTube and see what those guys fished with. I live 45 minutes south of Cross Lake but never fished it. I know some guys that do and they either fish boat docks or the cypress trees on the west side of the lake. The time of year you'll be there have plenty of dramamine. The wake boats and ski boats will be in full force.

9. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. Tourny starts on a Thurs so traffic should not be too bad.

10. Member
    Thanks guys. I have watched all I can find on you tube. Tourny starts on a Thursday so traffic should not be bad.