1999 225 optimax

#06802963 , 99 225L op

I have went through motor :clean gas, brand new battery 1000 cca, kill switch on, new grey fuel lines, new bulb, new plugs (getting good spark), high and low pressure fuel pumps working, 40 plus psi on the fuel rails , no blown fuses that I can see, 95 compression on all cylinders. The motor was running and would fire right up took it to the lake just to idle around after an hour came to the ramp it died and will not fire back up? It seems all 6 injectors are not pumping......Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    40 psi running ?????? not enough
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    no motor will not run now, has around 45 psi after I crank it for a bit.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Try the 3L Forums....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    no motor will not run now, has around 45 psi after I crank it for a bit.

6. Member
    check for spark, more info in 3.0L section
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Ok , done some more digging...I have around 70 psI on each rail port and starboard and I have air in my fuel on the starboard side when I blead the shrader valve. I am thinking I need to replace the tracker diaphram is there any other way I could be getting air in my fuel and does that correlate the the low pressure on both rails?

8. Member
    low air = low fuel psi, and yes there is other ways several