Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Bob is a good dude.
    The whole family are good folks! I never get the whole price comparison with the X21 being almost the same or similar as a 21ft fiberglass,that's why i mentioned it.I asked if i could order a 21ft Phoenix or Ranger for a similar price as an X21 and Bob said,those days are long gone,but if you find them for that price let me know,i'd like to buy one also! I can order the X21 from the upper 30's to mid 40's with a 250hp all day long,those price don't compare!

3. Member
    There is still a 10k-15k difference,maybe i'm cheap!

Not everyone has "Bob's" prices...The 2018 X21 in Dothan with one Helix 9, manual jack plate, 80 lb thrust trolling motor is over $46k...Add power poles, a 9 inch graph at the bow, 112 lb thrust trolling motor, 4 bank charger and you are easily around the $50k mark...The 721 with the same options previously listed is around $55k...

Here is another example...In 2011, my X21 bought brand new from Grammer Marine in Alabama was over $45k...It came with a 250 SHO, Humminbird 898 at the console, Humminbird 500 series at the bow, 80 lb thrust trolling motor, and a hydro jacker jack plate...Add power poles, better electronics, 112 lb thrust trolling motor and again you would have been around the 50k mark...

$50,995 on boat trader...No power poles...Only one 9 inch graph...

2018 XPRESS X21PRO, 2018 YAMAHA VF250LA, 2018 BACK TRACK ALUMINUM TRAILER (*UPGRADED TANDEM AXLE W/ALUMINUM WHEEL UPGRADE / *XTREME TRAILER PACKAGE: (18" ALUMINUM WHEELS, CUSTOM TREAD PLATE PLATE, FLUSH MOUNTED TAIL LIGHTS AND BACK UP LIGHTS, RATCHET TIE DOWNS) / HIGH PERFORMANCE PACKAGE: (10" JACK PLATE, HYDRAULIC STEERING, HOT FOOT, BLINKER TRIM) / ELITE PACKAGE: (CENTER SEAT FOR TUCK AND ROLL, 3 BANK MINNKOTA BATTERY CHARGER, LIGHTED LIVE WELL AND STORAGE BOXES, ELITE STEERING WHEEL, HELIX 9 CHIRP IN DASH, MINNKOTA FORTREX 80LB TROLL MOTOR UPGRADE) / MINNKOTA ULTERA 112LB UPGRADE FROM 80LB / CARPET UPGRADE / TACKLE ORGANIZER / RETRACTABLE ROD STRAPS / TWO TONE PAINT UPGRADE / PRO LIVE WELL OXYGENATOR, STAINLESS STEEL PROPELLER,
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    I know what boats cost,i see what other dealers charge,i read what folks pay for boats on BBC and I travel for the best price I can find to save thousands of dollars.We fish the Mississippi river and the X21 does a great job, for "Bob's" prices i'll keep what I bought ,along with the money I saved. Maybe I can help a guy find what he is looking for and save him some money or not,i like all kinds of boats,but i like saving money more personally!

It is obvious at this point that you don't know much about boat prices...You have continued to argue the point that the X21 isn't in the same price range as a full sized bass boat...I have provided a few examples for you and all you have done is continued to post malarkey...Post some real prices with options that people care about...Let's see them...Most bass guys aren't looking for a bare bones tin rig that has a 250 on it...However, I will concede that the X21 is much cheaper if purchased rigged in that manner. If someone honestly cared about saving money they wouldn't even think about buying brand new in the first place...Finding a clean, gently used, bass boat (glass or aluminum) is always the way to go if someone is trying to save $$$...

8. Member
    I was trying to keep it simple and now I don't know much about boat prices,i post malarkey....and a clean used boat is the way to go? Which has nothing to do with the conversation. This is the reason guys don't comment much,good to see nobody has an ego.Good Lord!

Lol...No ego here...I'm backing up my opinions and posts with factual evidence that is publicly available...I'll even post the invoice for the 2011 Xpress X21 that was bought brand new if need be...Every single one of your posts has been directed at me and my comments regarding the pricing of the new X21 boats...Post some real prices with the options that people care about..."Keeping it simple" makes it appear that you don't know much about boat pricing...Give us some examples...Show us the deals that you are saving thousands on since you are such a thrifty boat buyer...

Buying a clean used boat is now relevant because you said "Maybe I can help a guy find what he is looking for and save him some money or not,i like all kinds of boats,but i like saving money more personally!"

If you like saving money so much sir...You could have saved more by buying a nice clean used boat...

10. Member
    Help a guy realize if he is interested in an X21 but believes they cost 50k plus because this guy or that guy says so, meanwhile that is not true,at least up north.Any grown man can call around the Midwest and get pricing,I know better that's y I mentioned it to begin with.It's not about you or myself.I didn't need to buy used cuz I didn't pay 50k plus,I didn't sink a bunch of money into a used boat turn around and sell it,buy a slow Triton comeback to the Xpress forum to say...I wouldn't buy another either!You can be proud of your factual prices all you want,but your prices don't speak for the rest of America,Mr.Bassmaster!!

You will not be happy with nothing less than the 112/36 volt. My 2006 X21TS/HPDI250 came with a 80/24 volt just was not enough TM. I do not know about the new X21 but I have no problems with the larges body of water around here. It rides as good as any glass, It depends on how it is set up and you how you drive it. A close friend of our has a 2008 21ft Ranger a said mind ride as good as his Ranger. It might get a little ruff in the upper 70s mph/gps but then there is not much in the water an then any boat will ride ruff with just a little pad to ride on.
    With 4 large lithium ion batteries,40 gals of gas,12" backplate and pump, oil reservoir for HPDI, Tournament saver jump box, 4 bank MinnKota charger and 2 large live wells(yes it has 2 sparate lives and pumps) in the back. It does set a little high but with my 320lbs butt up front levels it out a little.
    Trailer did have some problems that had to be worked out but fine now,welds, finder , and ect.

Price in 06 was $39,000

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

More and more malarkey from you...What is not true about the 50k pricing? I've provided more than enough information to support that the X21 can (and does on occasion) cost 50k...I've had a 2008 Ranger 188VX as well as a 2015 Ranger 520C...I'll somewhat agree with your friend but that is not saying much...I would rank my Ranger 520c as only being slightly better in ride than my X21...Ride is highly subjective and I can only speak on my experience with various hulls...I respect everyone's opinion on how well the X21 rides but I disagree.

My 2011 X21 only cost me $28,900 bought in 2017...The boat only had 25 hours on it when I bought it from the original owner...I have the invoice showing he spent upwards of 45k on a boat that was only decently loaded out...The original owner was transparent and open about losing a ton of money on a boat that he hardly used...This is one of the good clean used boat deals I was speaking of earlier.

My Triton 21 TRX is slow...74.5 mph compared to 78 mph with the Xpress...I'm objective about every boat I've ever owned...Good/bad/ugly...No reason for me not to be...

"Mr. Bassmaster!!!"......LMAO

That is why there is more than one type of boat out there just like cars and trucks. Some like Ford and Chevy, everyone has has his own opinion, it like butt holes everyone has one.

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckuhn02 View Post
    He may be able to get a decently loaded glass rig for the same price, but he cant fish the salt in it. This is the reason I ended up with the X19 with seadek and love it for fishing both worlds.
    Same here! Love my x19 and I’ve caught a bunch of reds and specs and hundreds of big spotted bass! Does everything I could possibly ask for!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    I have the sea decks I dont like them. Hard to clean and carpet hides a lot of defects on these boats.
    Not sure how you’re cleaning it but a little purple power or mean green and quick scrub makes it look brand new!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Loved my 2016 in many ways and had 47,000 in it but the negatives are (1) adding power poles causes boat to lose 3 mph and adds porpoise (2) really catches the wind while fishing (3) no dry storage and (4) trailers are bad. Ride was great and has plenty of fishable deck space. Trailers easily. Dealer took back in trade and still has it a year later and would probably give you a great deal.
    Sounds like a set up issue with the porpoising. No porpoise here with twin poles.

17. Member
    Purchased my X21 from Bob in Iowa,720 mile drive one way. I saved a bunch of money and great people .
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12