Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    Whataya waiting for? Caesar's is only 3-4' up and the river is only mildly flooded...
    I know! Right?
    Heartwood Fence Co.

I know a great deal of people have bought the Ultrex, and had trouble-free operation, and I’m glad to hear it. I want one eventually.
    But, the OP is justified to be a little hesitant. If you look under the Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motor alone there are literally dozens of threads regarding problems with the Ultrex. Minor and repairable, but problems nonetheless. And personally, if I'm paying $2500.00 for a trolling motor I expect it to be problem free. Just an observation, not a bash. I would love to have one. Eventually.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    I wanted one the day they came out but was leery after hearing some of the issues from people on bbc and personally. I finally pulled the trigger and got one this week and the only thing I’m upset about is why I didn’t get one sooner. It can completely change how you fish, and I don’t even have the link model. They’re not $2500 either if you shop around, I got the 36v 52” non link from Heavy Metal Fishing for quite a bit less with no tax or shipping.

4. Member
    Glad to hear some of the good reports. It’s a done deal, my Ultrex is at the dealers ready to install. I have an appt later this week for it to be installed by dealer as I have to take my Pro XS in for 200hr service anyway so might as well have it installed while I’m there.

I hope I get one of the gremlin free motors, think I’m gonna keep my Fortrex as a just in case though.

Thanks for the replies.

5. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Had mine about one year, no issues with it at all. Worth every penny I paid for it.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

6. Member
    I wouldn't wait if you want the features of the Ultrex. Like I said here before, the Fortrex is a great unit but if options like spot lock are important to you, you have to make the switch. If not, stay with what you have. I wouldn't sweat the reliability.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    used mine all last season it has been flawless..

8. Member
    One year of HARD use (Guiding and Tournaments) has not skipped a beat.
    2019 Blazer 625 / G2 250
    1996 21XD Bullet SOLD
    2015 Phoenix 920 / 250 Pro XS SOLD
    ALX Rods. www.alxrods.com
    The Best Designed and most Sensitive Bass Fishing Rod in the USA!

9. Member
    I love it the Ultrex , so easy to steer with just a touch and it turns so easy a came changer for sure having to push down hard on the peddle on the older ones thinking the reason I needed a hip replacement , I was worried also but used it for a year installing it last Easter and using it hard many hours on it and then the day before Easter fishing a Tourney and half way thur it put it on spot lock and couple minutes bing went the cable . getting it fixed is another story , But I love it and if it went to junk I'd buy another .

10. Member
    On my 8th trip
    Problem fee and if it has a problem I'm gonna get it fixed
    I can absolutely never go back!!
    Game changer!

i took off my fortex and kept it.......installed a ultrex. atleast I have a back up

12. Member
    Mine has been a nightmare, I got one of the early ones and wish I kept my Fortrex. Actually mine is at the repair shop right now AGAIN!

13. Member
    A buddy of mine has one. Worked fine after install. Went to fish a tourney and foot pedal was frozen up. Bad pedal sensor(s) almost out the box. It could be an early model serial number not sure, but nevertheless it caused us to loose 2 hours of fishing to go get another boat. Unfortunately, he did not have the remote in the boat, that would have probably saved us there. Hopefully that is the only glitch he experiences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12