Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    No I catch 3 pounders about my average weight. I target 3 pound fish and catch 3 pounders. If you are targeting small fish then you are going to catch small ones.

Explain what lures you use to catch 3lb fish and not smaller fish? I throw buzzbaits, 8” lizards, senkos, skinny dipper swimbaits, jigs, chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, etc...pretty much the normal stuff.

2. Member
    I don’t catch enough to have an average size😃

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Explain what lures you use to catch 3lb fish and not smaller fish? I throw buzzbaits, 8” lizards, senkos, skinny dipper swimbaits, jigs, chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, etc...pretty much the normal stuff.
    Pretty much the same as you except I never throw senkos or skinny dippers. I just don't catch many small fish. Mainly I'm flipping jigs or creature baits 80% of the time. This past weekend I caught 22 on Saturday and my smallest was over 3 pounds. On Monday I caught 28 but had 3 in the 2 pound range with everything else over 3 pounds. My 7 year son caught 3 fish behind me on Monday and 2 of them was over 4 pounds and the other was 3 1/2. I also had 3 over 7 pounds. 2 on Sat and 1 on Monday.
    I guess it is like deer hunting if you aint around big deer you will never kill one. Same with fishing if you aint around big fish you cant catch them.

Pretty much the same as you except I never throw senkos or skinny dippers. I just don't catch many small fish. Mainly I'm flipping jigs or creature baits 80% of the time. This past weekend I caught 22 on Saturday and my smallest was over 3 pounds. On Monday I caught 28 but had 3 in the 2 pound range with everything else over 3 pounds. My 7 year son caught 3 fish behind me on Monday and 2 of them was over 4 pounds and the other was 3 1/2. I also had 3 over 7 pounds. 2 on Sat and 1 on Monday.
    I guess it is like deer hunting if you aint around big deer you will never kill one. Same with fishing if you aint around big fish you cant catch them.
    Private lake?

5. Banned
    Nope Jordan Lake here in NC.

6. Banned
    Nope Jordan Lake here in NC.

Damn, sounds like I need to move!

On the lake a frequent in my state: 1lb avg
    Other places 1.5lb avg

I fished roughly 12 bass tournaments last year and placed in the money in most of them. According to the weights that I could find brought in a total of 175.35lbs of bass for a average bag of 14.61lbs. That is not bad!!!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    I fished roughly 12 bass tournaments last year and placed in the money in most of them. According to the weights that I could find brought in a total of 175.35lbs of bass for a average bag of 14.61lbs. That is not bad!!!
    No bad at all. Good job.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456