Thread: HE HAS RISEN!!!

Physically: Illinois Mentally: Anywhere but Illinois

HE HAS RISEN!!!

“On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” Then they remembered his words. When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others. It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles. But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense. Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened.”

Luke‬ 24:1-12‬ NIV‬‬

It’s no April fools joke...HE HAS RISEN!!! Hallelujah!!!

Happy Resurrection Day to everybody!!! God bless!!!
    Last edited by The Bass Whisperer; 04-01-2018 at 07:55 AM.

2. Member
    Amen! Thank you Jesus.
    Happy Easter!

He has Risen indeed! Alleluia
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

4. Member
    Amen

5. Member
    I Know that My Redeemer Lives
    By: Samuel Medley
    Based on Job 19:25

I know that my Redeemer lives!
    What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
    He lives, he lives, who once was dead;
    He lives, my ever living head!

He lives and grants me daily breath;
    He lives, and I shall conquer death;
    He lives my mansion to prepare;
    He lives to bring me safely there.

6. Member
    Job 19:25-6
    I know that my redeemer[c] lives,
    and that in the end he will stand on the earth.[d]
    26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
    yet[e] in[f] my flesh I will see God;
    27 I myself will see him
    with my own eyes—I, and not another.
    How my heart yearns within me!

April 4 is a special day for me in my faith. Our hope is the empty tomb.

1 Corinthian 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

https://www.lhm.org/dailydevotions/d...?date=20180404
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson

From George Weigel in First Things "But it’s not possible to know the Risen Lord and to indulge in despair. Despair died on the cross and unshakeable hope was born at Easter. That’s why Easter faith is the surest anchor for all of us in turbulent times. "