115hp Opti stalling issue

Hi, I've tried to do some reading up on this but I can't seem to find anything that matches the problem I am facing so hoping someone can help me out.
    Engine starts fine, and will sit at idle fine also, bring it up to 3000rpm, it starts to struggle a bit with some hesitation but up to 4000 and above it seems to do just fine.
    The problem starts when I bring it down to neutral real quick, it'll splutter a little and then stop, restarting again no issues, and seems like if I bring it down slowly it's ok, but anything down pass 1000, it'll start to splutter again and stop.

The problem started a few weeks back and the engine would just stop by itself at idle after about 5-10seconds, ended up limping back home doing 10knots from about 10miles out, I had to push the lever all the way down to get it to this speed. Ran it back home and was running really rough, found out the plugs were fouled real bad. Replaced them and sounded good again, but this problem of it turning off at idle after about 5-10seconds still happened. Serviced the low pressure pump, replaced the fuel filter and it seems like the problems even worse as described above where coming down from high revs quickly would cause it to splutter and then turn off.

2007 Optimax 115hp
    Serial: 1B519455
    Hoping someone can help me out as to where to look first, any assistance is appreciated.
    thanks for your time,
    Zack
    Last edited by zack123; 04-01-2018 at 08:47 PM.

2. Member
    Start with the easy stuff first. Lots of good info here:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=20401

If all that is OK- it sounds like there is an air leak somewhere in the system. You need 2 liquid gauges that can read at least 100 psi to test. The info for the correct pressures is also in the link above.

3. Member
    Your on the wrong forum page. Try the Mercury boards, they can help, this forum is for 3 liter motors.

4. Member
    thanks hstechfll, I'll have a read.
    thanks Savage, I made a new thread on the correct forum, how do I close this one down?