Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Phoenix owners on here?

Interested in thoughts / experiences on the 919 and 721
    Last edited by Hollada; 03-31-2018 at 09:13 PM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

2. Member
    I have a 2014 721 and love it. Fast and great in big water.

3. Member
    Awesome boat from an awesome company. I’ve just sold my 721 and am now running a 921. You just have to ride in one to understand how smooth these run in rough water.

4. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Phoenix will most likely be my next boat. The biggest knock on them I that hear is the plastic shroud on the counsel and bow electronics areas. I agree a full fiberglass counsel looks better but if you change your electronics out you can replace those parts quite easily and not have a bunch of holes to fill. As far as ride and fishability go, I hear nothing but good. They have a ton of great features standard that are upgrades on other brands.

Check out Lake Drive Marine in Coldwater Mi. Have Kyle take you for a ride in one. They service my Skeeter and have always taken good care of me. Good people!
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

5. Member
    I took my 2018 21PHX with 250 Evinrude HO G2 out this morning for the 1st time on the "D" for a couple hours this morning. All I can say is I am in LOVE again LOL. It jumps up on plane faster than any other boat I have ever owned and is super smooth through the boat wakes. While I have not had it in rough water yet(I did test drive one on St Clair last year and it handled great). I will update here as I get out more. I bought the boat through Lake Drive and had Lockmans installed motor and electronics. So far I can not say 1 small bad thing about either company. They have been GREAT to deal with and I would recommend both highly!!!

Why didn’t the factory mount the motor and graphs?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

7. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by rstephens View Post
    I took my 2018 21PHX with 250 Evinrude HO G2 out this morning for the 1st time on the "D" for a couple hours this morning. All I can say is I am in LOVE again LOL. It jumps up on plane faster than any other boat I have ever owned and is super smooth through the boat wakes. While I have not had it in rough water yet(I did test drive one on St Clair last year and it handled great). I will update here as I get out more. I bought the boat through Lake Drive and had Lockmans installed motor and electronics. So far I can not say 1 small bad thing about either company. They have been GREAT to deal with and I would recommend both highly!!!
    Lake Drive does a top notch job installing electronics. They do the rigging on Chad Pipkins boat every season. Even now after he switched to Bass Cat. I assume you just have comfort in Lockmans and wanted them to do the installation?
    Last edited by MichPhoenix77; 04-01-2018 at 08:17 PM.

8. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Hollada,

I have to ask, are you looking at other brands because you are unhappy with your Cat, or just want a new ride and are covering your opinions? Either way, Phoenix is a great boat. I love the Cats too but they are very pricey new. New is the route I plan on taking on my next boat.

Love the Caracal. Have a new one on order, but struggling a bit to get a firm delivery date so may have to explore options. I don’t want to be sitting here in May without a boat.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

10. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Love the Caracal. Have a new one on order, but struggling a bit to get a firm delivery date so may have to explore options. I don’t want to be sitting here in May without a boat.
    Caracal layout is awesome! IMO it is the best 19'8" boat out there. The Phoenix 721 is IMO the best boat for the money. Bigger and more HP for around the same $ as the Caracal. Both companies build great boats and I would be proud to own either. Good luck

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Why didn’t the factory mount the motor and graphs?
    Sorry for the delay.

For the factory to install the marina must sell them, Lake Drive doesn't and Lockmans gave me a GREAT deal and they also did all my rigging last year on my last boat. I purchased 2 new graphs and trolling motor from them so I already owned those components and I figured it was easier for them to redo it instead of sending it all to factory. Again Lockmans did not charge me(I am sure it was added in LOL) to hook graphs and trolling motor up. So I had a great comfort level with both places.

Quote Originally Posted by rstephens View Post
    Happy for you Randy!

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Happy for you Randy!
    Thanks Mike, I will get around soon to posting some pics.

14. Member
    Having been a passenger in a phoenix, the passenger side console is near useless. It's basically there to keep your legs dry and your face wet.
    1995 Stratos 201 PRO XL 225 Evinrude Vindicator

Quote Originally Posted by YpsiBass View Post
    Having been a passenger in a phoenix, the passenger side console is near useless. It's basically there to keep your legs dry and your face wet.
    Rick... Please try and focus your efforts on something positive... Your negativity is getting very old for most of us.... The man just spent 70K on a new boat... How's your boat doing?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

This one?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    This one?
    That's my new baby!!! I would post some pics, but this site says images are to large. And I haven't really researched how to post.

That’s awesome! Congrats!

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

do what ya gotta do Dan

20. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Very Nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast