Thread: ballzout mounts

ballzout mounts

anyone think the 12 is gonna be too long for a 12inch screen?.
    I run some rougher water. and does anyone run graphs that high I dunno if I will like it. or it will be in the way. any pics of these ?
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

2. Member
    I ran a 10 on a 6 and I actually made a stainless plate to go under the glass the same size as the base because I was worried but 12 with 12 wow maybe you could get more feedback down in electronics area come back up and let us know this will be interesting. Oh by the way I never had the slightest issue and ran some very rough water at LOZ and Kentucky lake.

3. Member
    I run a touch 12 on the bow with a 10 inch and at the console a touch 12 on a 12 inch tilted. Very solid but i don't run rough water real fast. No problems with any movement yet.

The mount will work. It must have a very solid surface into which the base is screwed. If the base holds, the screen is not going anywhere.

5. Member
    ya my bow deck is very thick over 1/2 glass and ply / resin. wasa pain to drill holes for cables. I ordered a 9 arm. see how it works i guess. ull post some pics when its done
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

6. Member
    The mounts are rock solid...I wouldn't think you'd have any issues with it.

But with that much leverage, i'd try my best to put a base plate of some sort under the deck. At least use bolts with fender washers at a minimun. Screws likely not be sufficient.

7. Member
    oh ya. i think i have the stainless bolts that came with one of my trolling motors or graphs. i will bolt it on. some of the bigger lakes blow up pretty.
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

8. Member
    I run the 12" with a Mega 12 on the bow. So far no problems, i take the unit off for road travel.

9. Member
    If your going to be in rough water just bend the unit down to the deck. That's what I always did with my ram mount and it worked good

10. Member
    ballzout holds 1222xsv rock solid. i use it as handle when getting in boat. need to keep a screwdriver on hand to adjust it. i lock it down tight

going to get one for helm for sure
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

11. Banned
    will work fine, just use a backer plate. only issue i had with the mounts is the limited adjustment

12. Member
    Mine vibrates very bad and it just has a 998 on it. I have to pull down on it to get the vibrations to quit where I can read it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    Mine vibrates very bad and it just has a 998 on it. I have to pull down on it to get the vibrations to quit where I can read it.
    Its not the balzout it must be what its mounted to. I drag my boat around on sandbars with the one on my front deck and tie my rope to it for docking since its my only cleat.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

14. Member
    I run a 10 inch with no issues.

15. Member
    ya the vibrating is mounting to hull top ..not deck. you need to put a some backing behind the surface you mount it too. if it isnt thick enough
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12many View Post
    ya the vibrating is mounting to hull top ..not deck. you need to put a some backing behind the surface you mount it too. if it isnt thick enough
    Agreed, I cut a piece out of a white cutting board to put under the console, bolted thru with fender washers. Balzout is rock solid
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

17. Member
    I agree with others, the Balzout mounts are rock solid. They are as strong as your mounting base. I have 15's on mine and rock solid at any speed.