Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ken1okie View Post
    I'd say a 25 T1 or a worked 25 Tempest would be a good choice for your rig assuming everything else is up to snuff.
    This. ^^^ A 23p will be too light. A 24 maybe good.

2. Member
    Didnt get out due to the weather, shooting for the weekend.
    "reel up the slack and lean back"
    2007 Skeeter ZX 250
    Yamaha 250 H.P.D.I.

3. tool bag
    your getting great advice here but one thing I dont think that is getting stressed is the fuel system that needs addressed. the hpdi is a great motor.. but even with a new head, the fuel system, to include the filters and injectors, need to be serviced. There is a dealer in southern indiana that will get you fixed up. changes all the filters inside and out and tunes the injectors.. Friend says his motor has never been so strong. I can get the info if you want.. pm me.. but you need to know this service isnt free. but is said to renew the life of the hpdi... I had one and loved my hpdi.. but make sure you pay attention to the fuel system.. ethanol will kill that motor..
    Live life, its the only one you get!
    You don't scare me.

4. Banned
    This^^^^^^;!!!! and I alredy mentioned the fuel system also. That motor and boat can pull a 27t1 to mid 70s.Btw, I have that prop for sale in perfect 10 condition. Last thing you want to do is to fish a tournament!!!

5. Member
    Here is the update, got the boat out and ran it and ran it, figured there is something more to it. Took it into the shop where i work and ran it in the test tank, found a water leak in the base gasket, going to get that replaced and go from there.
    "reel up the slack and lean back"
    2007 Skeeter ZX 250
    Yamaha 250 H.P.D.I.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12