Power Pole Electrical Issue

One of my poles keeps loosing power to it where it wont work. Before I could go back and move the wires around and the green power light would stay on and the pole would work. Know it is hit and miss. I get the power green light flashing and push the button and the power light goes off. I go back and move the wires again especially where it goes into the motor and it might or might not come on. I think I have an internal wiring issue. I have not taken the motor off to check. I did replace my fuse and took the leads off the main engine battery and cleaned them an made sure I have a good connection. This was not the issue.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Things to check

1) Check for a break in the wires where they enter into the side of the motor housing.
    2) Take the cap odd the top of the pump. Remove circuit board by sliding it up and out. Checking that all wires are firmly connected the the terminals. It is possible that you have a bad terminal connection.
    after confirming all connections (with board slid out and cap attached) try to operate pump via cap.
    3) If this does not work remove cap from board via ribbon cable and operate pump via remote a number of times. If it works fine you have a faulty cap. If it does not work then you have a faulty board.

If you find faulty component, take serial number located on the stern bracket of the Power Pole and call either myself 954-917-0634 or Power Pole 813-689-9932 Ext 2 for warranty review and parts.

Generally the cap and board will be replaced at the same time.

If you need phone tech support step by step give me a call and I can walk you thru it

Have a Happy Easter

Rich

3. Member
    Thanks Rich. I will take a look at it Monday per your instructions. I really rely on the power poles a lot and except for leaking reservoirs, I have had no problems up to this point.

4. Member
    Well I took the cover off and disconnected the ribbon wire. It looks like the the red(power) wire yellow connector to the circuit board is bad. It just slides of the circuit board. So its not making a good connection. I just need to get a new connection crimped on and it should be good.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Well I took the cover off and disconnected the ribbon wire. It looks like the the red(power) wire yellow connector to the circuit board is bad. It just slides of the circuit board. So its not making a good connection. I just need to get a new connection crimped on and it should be good.

Hope this is the end of it. Let me know how you make out