Thread: grand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    Sending you a pm.
    got it thanks

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEANHAWG8806 View Post
    If you are coming all the way from Tennessee, I hate to disappoint you, but Grand really isn't a premier lake like everyone makes it out to be. Its an easy lake to host a tournament and with its close proximity to Tulsa and due to Oklahoma's generally large following into Bass fishing, this is where the largest tournaments get hosted, including some of the BassMasters events.

Basically I say this because I hope you are not making the trip just to fish Grand Lake, because you will be let down big time. You will definitely not have a crazy memorable experience like you can at other lakes that are much closer to you.

The lake itself is beautiful. Tons of docks. No Grass. There is little brush other than what the dock owners sunk around their docks. The north end has a little more structure though. I fish the south end alot. I still have fun at the lake, but a premier bass fishing lake it is not. Mostly its Dinkville with an occassional keeper here and there. You may be lucky and catch a 5-6 lber here and there. But you wont catch anything over 8 Lbs., and you most definitely wont catch numbers of big bass. Perhaps this is how it used to be back a few years ago, I have heard stories where people would catch large amounts of keepers, but I have been fishing there pretty regularly for the past 3 years and have had generally poor results. I myself consider it lucky to catch a limit at all on that lake. I wont rule out that I suck, because Im sure that's partly true but I dont think I suck that bad and usually even guys that suck have an occasional lucky day. I caught 2 keepers at this lake a couple weeks ago and I considered that successful.

Now you may have seen tournament results of guys catching 25 and 30 lb stringers of recent years past. The thing is, whenever you have tournaments that host 400 boats, someone is going to hit the jackpot and find a stretch of bank that will hold some nice fish on any lake. Thats another thing about that lake, it gets hammered every weekend by giant tournaments and I do think that has something to do with the poor fishing as well. So basically, I have come to the assumption that there are fish in this lake, but they are very hard to catch. I still try to improve on this lake, but it is still proving very difficult. Im sure there will be guys following up and saying this is the best lake in Oklahoma, but I have yet to see it. Sorry to be a downer, just wanted to keep it real with you.
    I can't say I disagree but wait till the elites get hear. Last time I followed them and concluded these guys are no different than us . That is till the weigh in all limits so the fish are there.

3. Member
    I don't disagree that there are fish there, but I have concluded that they are diseased. The disease is known as "lock jaw", and I have observed that they have the most advanced form possible. Extreme flare ups of the disease are usually present when I fish.

Me too .

about how long is Ketchum cove? Also are many hazards from Ketchum cove to the mid lake area?

Ketchum Cove is big, probably a good mile of idling to get to the back of it. Grand is easy to get around unless you are really not paying attention.

any of you guys fish grand at night?

The best time to fish Grand other than spawn. You can really catch some dandies. When fishing is good it can take 18lbs to win a 3 fish 5 hours jackpot. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    The best time to fish Grand other than spawn. You can really catch some dandies. When fishing is good it can take 18lbs to win a 3 fish 5 hours jackpot. Larry
    pm sent

thanks high 2

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    Lol....

Thanks guys, we figured it out the last day. Had two limits the last day, including a 5 and a 3.75, had a great time. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12