Terrova transducer on a Riptide ST 112 60" trolling motor

I have the 2014 Riptide on a 22' bay boat that only goes in salt water 1 week a year. I want to put the motor 'nose cone' that has the transducer in it from a Terrova unit. Has anyone done this? I called MK and spoke with a parts person that said it should work but its a different color and would have no warranty. I just tried to call MK back to get parts numbers but they are closed. It looks like I need four parts. The transducer cone, a transducer cable that goes through the shaft, the coiled cable from the head to the base, and the cable to the Lowrance sonar. Any suggestions?

2. Member
    I don't think that the upgrade will be able to be done.
    If you can do it it will be a very tight fit for the wires that you will have to run up the shaft. The Riptide shaft is not made like the foot control shaft. It is a very thick shaft with a hole large enough to pass the 2 motor wires for a variable speed. I can assure you that it is a lot of work and the troll motor will have to be taken completely apart to do this. It is not just as simple as plug and play.

3. Banned
    You will also need the 2 motor bolts as they are shorter for the US2 nose cone. and also O rings for the bolts and O rings for the motor housing.

4. Member
    Thanks for the help!

5. Member
    I got the parts yesterday (4 days ARO) and installed them today. It took about 1 hour. If I had to do it again after learning a few tricks it might only take 30 minutes. The motor still spins and the Lowrance unit sees the transducer. I have not tested it in the water yet. I have to figure out how to have the bow unit show the new 83/200 transducer and the console unit show the transom 83/200. When I switch one unit the other switches with it. I needed the transducer cone, the extension cable, and the Lowrance specific cable. ~$195 shipped.

6. Banned
    I hope you replaced all the O rings.

7. Member
    I forgot to order the o-rings but I will. I gently cleaned them all and put some silicon grease on them before I reassembled it. I hope to take it out Friday and see how it works.

8. Member
    The transducer works OK. At some speed settings, under some loads, there is a 'tap-tap-tap' sound from the motor. I'll have to check into that.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethk View Post
    I got the parts yesterday (4 days ARO) and installed them today. It took about 1 hour. If I had to do it again after learning a few tricks it might only take 30 minutes. The motor still spins and the Lowrance unit sees the transducer. I have not tested it in the water yet. I have to figure out how to have the bow unit show the new 83/200 transducer and the console unit show the transom 83/200. When I switch one unit the other switches with it. I needed the transducer cone, the extension cable, and the Lowrance specific cable. ~$195 shipped.
    On the depth finder, take the transducers off global. BTW, you didn't mention the metal shield that keeps the transducer cable from rubbing on the armature.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Member
    THX. I turned off the global. The metal shield that has a slot for the power cable and transducer cables was already in place.