Thread: Norris Help

Norris Help

Hey guys, I got an invite to hit Norris next weekend and am hoping some guys can offer some help. I have never really fished it before. (went striper fishing there 10+ years ago.) How is the bite over there right now? I would be going out of springs dock.

Looking at the satellite imaging it looks alot different than Dale or Cumberland, which I am a little more familiar with. It all looks good, but all looks the same. Awesome outcroppings of rock, pea-gravel and big points/flats.

Anyone have advice on what to focus on whether it be areas, patterns, or structure type this time of year?

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

2. Member
    Go fish cedar creek that’s the one you cross over the bridge heading back to springs. Crankbait Spinnerbait should be pretty good right now. Rock crawler Wiggle wart dt 6 dt 10 in craw colors should work well
    Lowrance Pro-Staff
    Picasso Outdoors
    PowerTeam Lures
    Red Dirt Baits
    Boing Lures
    E Custom Baits
    Full Throttle Tackle

3. Member
    How's the water color? Any idea on temps?

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

4. Banned
    Colors great... 50*-53*... Dan

5. Member
    As in great for cranking or great for jerkin?

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

6. Banned
    That's what I've heard... Dan

Water color in Davis creek is muddy right now, cht-whi spinnerbaits
    If you have any brown craw dr6 throw thst. 2.8” keitech swimbaits 20’.
    Lizards are working too. Water is 54-61 you can find muddy to gun clear water...

8. Member
    Thanks for the info. Looks like the weather is going to go backwards all week. Hope that doesn't shut down the smallmouth bite.

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

9. Member
    Curious if anyone has been out the last few days. Heading there with my wife Thursday through Saturday. Weather looks great! We were there for the first time this time last year and really enjoyed it. Hoping jerkbait bite is on. Also have some 2.8 Keitechs. Going to be in the Big Creek area mainly.

10. Member
    I fished Saturday and Sunday and it was pretty slow. However the weather was miserable and it was my first time on the lake. We did manage some fish on jerkbaits and swimbaits. The water temperature was around 52-54 and with the weather forecasted for later this week, I think you will see them moving up alot and being close to spawning areas.

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughThumbBG View Post
    I fished Saturday and Sunday and it was pretty slow. However the weather was miserable and it was my first time on the lake. We did manage some fish on jerkbaits and swimbaits. The water temperature was around 52-54 and with the weather forecasted for later this week, I think you will see them moving up alot and being close to spawning areas.
    Thats what I’m hoping for too. Thanks

12. Member
    Fished Thursday through yesterday. Weather was great other than the wind. Water was 55 in the morning and would warm up to 58+ in the afternoon. Caught a lot of fish. Heck, even the wife caught some! Lol. Most fish were off of rocky points. I only go to Norris once a year and it didn’t disappoint this year.