USA Does my 225 ficht have this?

2000 225 ficht model e225fplssc, ser.# g04770059

Manufacturing date 09/99. I read something about haveing pinned heads on certain yr fichts to help prevent carbon build up. Not sure if mine has it or was upgraded . Is there any truth to this?

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I believe that was on the early small block 150's and 175's.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    No, that was for the 1997-1999 60* 150/175 HP models as Bassmeister said.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    No, that was for the 1997-1999 60* 150/175 HP models as Bassmeister said.
    He said that and I quote “the 200,225 and 250 had the pin inside and you couldn’t see it . So he’s wrong about my 225 being one of the bad ones made. I was concerned That I needed to get that upgrade. I did however have my dealer replace my injector bolts with the upgrade . Well out of recall time so that was on my dime. Is there anything else you can tell me about my particular motor that I should know? Thanks

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dc41 View Post
    He said that and I quote “the 200,225 and 250 had the pin inside and you couldn’t see it . So he’s wrong about my 225 being one of the bad ones made. I was concerned That I needed to get that upgrade. I did however have my dealer replace my injector bolts with the upgrade . Well out of recall time so that was on my dime. Is there anything else you can tell me about my particular motor that I should know? Thanks
    Who said that?, certainly not myself or Bassmeister. Thing were changing so fast on these motor it was almost on a daily basis. The answer I gave you was from the plug chart info.
    Last edited by ChampioNman; 03-30-2018 at 04:02 PM.

6. Member
    I ran a 1999 225 Stratos 201 pro setup from 2010 to 2015 close to 400 hrs total engine time from new. Friend I sold the boat too still running it regularly without problems. There were a few thing that dealers could do to them to correct issues early on but damn if I can remember what they were. Mine supposedly had them done.

Instead of a pin the big blocks use a cast-in deflector that is in the combustion chamber
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Who said that?, certainly not myself or Bassmeister. Thing were changing so fast on these motor it was almost on a daily basis. The answer I gave you was from the plug chart info.
    Champion man sorry I wasn’t implying you said that. I was talked about the guy on another group that commented on this topic .was trying to find the truth on his statement and you guys are pros so I put it out there thanks again. Seahorse so you think I have this cast in deflector in mine?