Ranger 681vs trolling setup

Anyone troll out of a Ranger 681vs? How do you have it setup?

Good luck, did you cross post this to muskies first ?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I just sold my 1999 681vs, I had it for 10 years. Can you elaborate what type of trolling (walleyes, muskies)? What speeds? Etc.

4. Member
    Yes I posted on muskie first nothing happening. I currently have downeast rod holders on the rails. I want to add a track system to the gunnel but the gunnel is very narrow maybe 3 inch in width most tracks run 3.5 inches. I would like to install tracks and the 3 rod trees on each side of boat. I troll walleye and muskie

5. Member
    I had mounted rod holders on the rails.

I would bet walleyecentral would be of help to ya
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Most 618/681s I've seen (and few I've fished out of) all had rail-mounted rod holders. Since there was no access to the underside of the gunnel (for through-bolt/washer/nut) install, you'd be relying on surface mounted screws, hopefully going into a wood core under the glass...?

I have seen pics of downriggers and rod holders mounted to the rear step pads, as well as the rear deck vs gunnels. Personally, I wouldn't drill through the lids, but to each his own.

There is also the option of the Jimz Rod Mounts, that sandwich under the existing cleats.
    https://www.jimzrodmounts.com/shop

8. Member
    Yes you are exactly right no access under the gunnel. And I'm not drilling into my lids. I checked out the jimz rod mounts that mount to the cleats they look pretty good and sturdy too. I think I might buy 2 of them. Thanks for the info much appreciated.