Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Holes by the plug hole.

So I took my 95 181 out for the first time this season. Pulled the plug and way more water came out of the bilge then usual. ( usually it's none)

There are three holes on the top and the plug hole on the bottom. Top left is livewell out, I think middle is livewell in, but what is the right hole for? I seem to remember it having a plug in it last year ( the year I bought it)

I guess I am asking if I am right on the middle hole and what is the hole on the right?

It wasn't a scary amount of water just more then last year.

2. Member
    I would inspect your livewell plumbing. You might have a crack or leak somewhere which is allowing water in the bilge area.

I will do that. Thank you. Would it make sense for that right hole to be plugged?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nbraun_492 View Post
    I will do that. Thank you. Would it make sense for that right hole to be plugged?
    No, the only hole that should be plugged is the bilge drain plug. Plug the bilge, then run water into the bilge with the garden hose. See if water leaks out of any of the other holes, if so, you have a cracked through hull fitting.

Bottom hole is the bilge. Top three, live well fill, live well drain, and live well over flow. The right hole that was plugged is probably your leak.
    Last edited by Ed R; 03-30-2018 at 06:52 AM.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

Thank you! That's what I was looking for.

So I finaly had time to crawl under there and really look at the whole picture. Looks like my livewell drain hole is the only one that looks "factory". I don't know how to load a picture from my phone or I would. The drain hole has the rubber gromet like the bilge out hole up top. The live well in (middle) has a reducer fitting and a bunch of silicone around it. The over flow hole is clearly leaking cause I can see space around the end of the hose.

Can I buy the stuff to make it all right anywhere? And how big of a nightmare will that be to work on?

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Here are the pix ... Looks like part of the one on the right has broken off. It should look like the one on the left. It appears water is definitely getting in there. The one with the screen should be your Aerate (livewell fill). You can get new fittings at www.flow-rite.com.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 04-06-2018 at 11:58 AM.

8. Banned

Can I buy the stuff to make it all right anywhere? And how big of a nightmare will that be to work on?

Jamestown Distributor website for parts and yes it will be a nightmare to work on; but less of a nightmare than your boat falling apart due to water intrusion in the transom.

I get the water damage part lol
    am I gonna have to pull the gas tank to get to it?

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I get the water damage part lol
    am I gonna have to pull the gas tank to get to it?
    If you have a 24gal tank sitting in the middle, yes it will have to come out. If you have a U shaped tank, then there should be access under the batteries and oil tank. Shoot me a picture of that and I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Jamestown Distributor website for parts and yes it will be a nightmare to work on; but less of a nightmare than your boat falling apart due to water intrusion in the transom.
    This is down on the step. Pretty sure it should be isolated from the transom.

I habe the big u shaped tank. I just filled it so I was hoping to not have to pull it. Anyone know the size fitting I need off hand? Like to order the parts before I tear I to it so I can get it done. Hate half finished projects.

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I habe the big u shaped tank. I just filled it so I was hoping to not have to pull it. Anyone know the size fitting I need off hand? Like to order the parts before I tear I to it so I can get it done. Hate half finished projects.
    Here is how my tank is shaped I have to remove the batteries&oil tank to get to the bilge area after removing the false floor.

That's what I was hoping for.

So for the sake of getting this fixed is there anywhere that has a lengths/diameter of all the hoses and Fittings?

I'd like to get it out back together the same day I tear it apart. Soon as it stops snowing in April it's gonna be go time here in nebraska.

15. Member
    Good chance the transom is gonna be wet, find a way to dry it before putting it back together.
    Not gonna be the same day, best of luck,
    Nelson

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n_gong View Post
    Good chance the transom is gonna be wet, find a way to dry it before putting it back together.
    Nelson

I agree, I know technically as TxChamp mentioned above it’s not the transom; but it is even worse. I would suggest pulling those ASAP and see how much water starts dripping out. Plus if you pull them, you’ll have the right size fittings.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 04-07-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: stupid iPhone

Thanks guys. I'll be get it all pulled apart tomorrow and measure everything.

It's been sitting I the garage for almost 3 weeks as well.

Replaced the overflow fitting. In the process discovered that the out fitting on my live well pump was barely tightened with could have had water spraying all over the olace. Heading out tomorrow and will see how it goes.

20. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n_gong View Post
    Nelson
    If the transom is wet, it ain't from these fittings. You need to crawl under a Champ and scope it out. This isn't even close to the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    ...it’s not the transom; but it is even worse.
    How's that? It is solid fiberglass & nowhere any wood. In 95 they still used good resins the the EPA did away with.

So for the sake of getting this fixed is there anywhere that has a lengths/diameter of all the hoses and Fittings?
    I'd like to get it out back together the same day I tear it apart. Soon as it stops snowing in April it's gonna be go time here in nebraska.
    Flow-Rite has the fittings. If you are going to order from them, they also have hose. You can use heater hose, but have to be careful not to let it kink even a little bit when making turns. Their hose is made to make the turns needed around the livewell. Seal the fittings with 3M 4200.
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 04-09-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast