Talon back to MinnKota for second time.

Sent one of my two, 12' Talons back to the factory service center for the second time. Last spring it deployed all the way down and would not retract. They repaired under warranty. Worked fine for about 2-3 months, since then its been a sporadic episode of only deploying down to two lights, actually its only puts out about 6" of the second stage and it thinks its on the bottom. I've cleaned it, I've taken the top off and used a garden hose to spray it out, I have done the deep water rinse to it. Sometimes it will work fine 2-3 times on the lake, then it starts all over again. Now here is the kicker, If I lay it down with the tilt bracket, it will fully extend, every time. Damnedest thing I've ever seen. So MK said send it back, so we will see. It also seems like the motor is working harder to put it down then the other unit that has worked flawlessly since new. I guess we will see whey I get it back.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

2. Member
    Sounds like the stages or on of them is cock eyed, and is binding.
    07 STRATOS 176XT

3. Member
    Ask them for a new talon.... you got the runt of the bunch

Got email today it's on its way back. We will see, looks like they put in a new motor assembly. All under warranty!
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

5. Member
    Did you have to pay for the shipping?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    Did you have to pay for the shipping?
    No

jefflhoman.com

Well it's back. Invoice said they replaced the motor assembly, said the motor shaft was bent. I have no idea how that could happen, I put it back on the bug and ran it out, sure sounded smooth. MinKota's CS is top notch, took less than two weeks there and back.

jefflhoman.com

Went to the lake yesterday, worked to perfection, thanks MinnKota!

jefflhoman.com

9. Member
    How can you not buy talons lol